Submitting a Permit Application
- Register for an online permit account.
- Log into the Online Permit Center
- Click on the My Portal GO button.
- Click on the Apply Online APPLY button.
- Select Category and Application types from drop down menus:
- Current permits available for online application submittal are:**
|Address||Commercial & Residential Repair|
|Commercial Building||Commercial & Residential Retaining Wall|
|Commercial Building Addition||Commercial & Residential Storage Tank|
|Commercial Cell Tower||Commercial & Residential Mechanical|
|Commercial Tenant Improvement||Commercial & Residential Miscellaneous|
|Commercial & Residential Carport||Commercial Fire Sprinkler Underground|
|Commercial & Residential Deck||Residential Accessory Dwelling Unit|
|Commercial & Residential Fence||Residential Addition|
|Commercial & Residential Fire Alarm||Residential Alterations|
|Commercial & Residential Fire Sprinkler||Residential Alterations-Subject to Field Inspection|
|Commercial & Residential Foundation||Residential Bulkhead|
|Commercial & Residential Garage||Residential Guest House|
|Commercial & Residential Shed||Residential Manufactured / Mobile Home|
|Commercial & Residential Solar||Residential Multi-Family Residence|
|Commercial & Residential Re-Roof||Residential Single Family Residence|
|Commercial & Residential Plumbing||Residential Studio|
|Commercial & Residential Pool|
- Preapplication Conference: Non-Subdivision
- Preapplication Conference: Subdivision
- Plat Utilities
7. Click NEXT button.
8. Enter a name for your project and describe the purpose of your project.
9. Click NEXT button.
10. Enter site address of project.
11. Click NEXT button.
12. Add any contacts for the project including contractors.
13. Click NEXT button.
14. Add Contractors again (if applicable).
15. Click NEXT button.
16. Enter requested information.
17. Click NEXT button.
18. Review your permit application and edit (using blue edit links) as needed.
19. Click SAVE AND CONTINUE button.
20. An update window will open. Click the Go to my new permit button.
21. Scroll down the page to the Submittals section.
- Click on the blue 0 Files link next to the Submittal Status.
- Click the Upload button.
- Click ADD FILES button.
- Select the file(s) you wish to upload and click Open button.
- Click Begin Upload button.
- After upload is complete, green checkmark will appear.
- Click Close button.
- Click Return To Permit Detail button.
22. Scroll down to Fees section.
23. Click Pay Online button.
24. Follow instructions to pay permit fees.
25. Watch your e-mail for permit updates from City Staff.
Use the following process for all other permit types not listed above
- Email either a Building Permit Applicationor a Land Use Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a case number.
- A Permit Specialist will create a file with a case number.*
- Once the file is created, the applicant will be assigned a case number as well as an access code for the online permit portal (sent via email).
- The applicant will upload all required initial documents via the online permit portal.
- Once all required initial documents are uploaded, an invoice will be sent to the applicant.
- Once the invoice is paid, the application will be considered “submitted” and will be forwarded to the appropriate queue for review.**
*Every effort will be made to respond with a case number within 2 business days of receipt of an appropriate and complete application.
**Further information may be requested/required depending on the results of the review process.
Tips for success when submitting an application
- All documents are required to be in PDF format.
- Plan sets are now required to be split into the following submittals -
- Architectural Plan Set
- Civil Plan Set
- Structural Plan Set
- Each plan set must be contained in one document, i.e., individual sheets comprising a plan set are no longer allowed.
- Please follow these naming conventions when submitting documents:
- When resubmitting plans, submit entire corrected set, do not extract and submit single pages
The Process for Revisions
- Email a revision form along with your documents to email@example.com.
- A permit specialist will upload your documents and change the status to “info received”. This will put the permit back into the reviewers queue for review.