City facilities, including City Hall, Municipal Court, and the Police Station, will remain closed to the public until further notice pursuant to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.
Gov. Jay Inslee continues to update measures to combat COVID-19 and released additional guidance for construction in his ’Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ order. Under the Governor’s order, “construction is not considered to be an essential activity.” As a result, all construction – residential and commercial – is not authorized while the order is in place and is subject to limited exceptions. Please see the Building Department Update for more information about what activities can occur under the order and how it is impacting other essential facilities such as parks and schools on the City’s COVID page.
Planning and Community Development (PCD) now requires appointments for consultations, as well as, the submittal of building and land use permits. Appointments for consultations and submitting building and land use permits can be made HERE.
Planners and inspectors can continue to be reached by email and phone (see staff directory).
Building inspections can be scheduled by calling 206-780-3789.
The Citizen Self Service Center allows you to do the following online:
- Check the status of a permit
- Apply for a permit (some restrictions apply)
- Schedule an inspection
- View inspection schedule
- Pay permit fees
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2012 International Fire Code (IFC)
- 2015 International Fuel and Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
Building Safety Month
Building Safety Month Proclamation