- Planning & Community Development
Planning & Community Development
Consultations with a Planner and Development Engineer - Schedule via the Online Permit Center
- Go to the Online Permit Center and either log in or create an account.
- Click on “My Portal”
- Click “Apply Online”
- Select the “Planning” category
- Select “Planning Consultation”
Once you have filled out the info needed, you can click “Submit”. If you do not pay at submittal, an invoice will be emailed to you. Once the invoice is paid, you will get an email from a permit specialist with available dates and times.
What We Do
The Planning and Community Development (PCD) department coordinates and manages land use activity on Bainbridge Island, WA.
- Implementation of the Comprehensive Plan
- Development Review
- Building permits & inspections
- Code Compliance
- Administration of Building, Shoreline, Environmental, and Subdivision regulations
To make a payment on an invoice received, we have several options available:
- Online Permit Portal
- By phone: 206-842-7633
- By mail: Send a check to 280 Madison Ave N., Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- At pay box: Insert check in the pay box located near the disable parking area on the east end of City Hall.
The City’s third-party vendor is PayGov.US which assesses a 3.0% convenience fee on all credit/debit card transactions (with a minimum fee of $3.00 on all transactions under $33.00).
Available appointments include the following:
|Planner and Development Engineer|
|15-Minute (free) Q & A||Development Engineer or Building Inspector|
Appointments are no longer needed to submit Land Use and Building Permits.
Schedule an inspection
Inspections may also be requested by calling the Inspection Line at (206) 780-3789. Building inspections may be requested for AM (9 am - 12:30 pm) or PM (Noon to 3:30 PM) and will be assigned based on inspector availability. Specific time slots can not be guaranteed and may change based on demand.
View the inspection schedule
Requesting an inspection for public works, electrical, fire and/or Kitsap County Health District or engineering? Instructions for requesting these inspections
The Online Permit Center allows you to do the following online:
- Check the status of a permit
- Apply for a permit (some restrictions apply)
- Upload permit application submittal documents
- Schedule an inspection
- View inspection schedule
- Pay permit fees
Other items available online are:
- Submit a public records request
- Report an issue to the Code Compliance Officer