SAR Submission Process
Site Assessment Reviews are scheduled each week for Thursday afternoons at City Hall in the Planning and Community Development (PCD) department. Meetings should be scheduled at least one week in advance. Staff may deem your application information sufficient to make a determination under SAR. If it is determined that your application shows that you have considered/implemented LID to the maximum extent practicable, as required by BIMC 15.19, then staff may waive the requirement for a SAR meeting.
Schedule a SAR
To schedule a SAR, please submit your application, site plan, and project narrative to the City at the PCD counter. City staff will coordinate with you to confirm your appointment time. Applications may be submitted at any time that the PCD counter is open. Applications submitted during Development Engineering counter hours (Mondays and Wednesdays 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.) may be eligible for an over the counter review/approval. To be eligible for an over the counter review/approval you must submit your application during open Development Engineering counter hours (Mondays and Wednesdays 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.) and your project must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be proposed on a development previously designed and reviewed under the LID standards addressed by SAR, and
- Meet all conditions required by that land use action
- Be residential development or redevelopment, and
- NOT require Stormwater Minimum Requirements (MRs) 1 - 9, and
- Disturb less than 35% of your total site, and
- Propose to use infiltration, rain gardens, or bio-retention to control runoff from all new or replaced hard surface
You can also submit your complete application via email to the Public Works Department. Please put "SAR Application" in the subject line. For projects claiming an exemption from the SAR process, please put "SAR Application - Exempt" in the subject line, to expedite processing.