- News & Social Media
- City Projects
- Annual Stormwater Preservation Program
Annual Drainage Project
The Annual Drainage program works to improve drainage conditions on the Island through small drainage improvement projects including, but not limited to, culvert repairs and replacement of aging storm drain lines that carry storm runoff from one side of the road to the other.
The 2022 Annual Drainage project consists of removal, replacement, and construction of drainage structures, storm drain lines, catch basins, landscaping, grading, paving, etc.
The Annual Drainage program is anticipated to begin construction on February 21st at the follow sites.
- Fort Ward: Late February (targeting 2/21-2/23) the contractor will be regrading the shoulder and installing a type 2 catch basin to reduce flooding near the existing 18 inch concrete culvert that crosses the road in front of 2486 Fort Ward Hill Road NE. The contractor will have one lane closed continuously with flaggers.
- Eagle Harbor: Late February (targeting 2/27 or 2/28) a crushed and buried cross culvert will be replaced in front of 5173 Eagle Harbor Drive NE. The shoulder ditches will also be cleared to restore proper drainage. The contractor will have one lane closed continuously with flaggers.
- Shepard Way: Late February thru Early March (targeting 2/28-3/7) the gravel section of road on Shepard Way NW will be regraded to direct drainage towards existing ditches on the north side of the road. An existing culvert along the Waterfront Trail will also be replaced. The road will be closed to all except for local access. Emergency access will be accommodated. The Waterfront Trail entrance will also be closed during working hours. The Waterfront Trail users will be detoured through Ashbury Court to Wyatt.
- Irene Place: Early March (targeting 3/8-3/10) an existing water bar that directs drainage to a catch basin will be removed and replaced with a slotted drain pipe. The road will be closed to all except for local access. Emergency access will be accommodated.
All dates are estimates and weather dependent.
Please see link below for project locations:
2022 Annual Drainage Location Map
Title VI Notice:
The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Language services are available upon request. Those requiring disability accommodations and/or materials made available in alternate formats, please contact the City Clerk at 206.842.2545 or firstname.lastname@example.org