|Request for Proposals|
Wetlands & Stream Ecology Consultants
Submittal Due Date: Friday, February 7, 2020
The City of Bainbridge Island is requesting proposals from consultants with qualifications and experience in wetlands biology and stream ecology, including a wetland specialist or fish or wildlife biologist. The selected consultant will perform the tasks described in this request for the purpose of evaluating whether land use proposals meet the City’s Critical Areas Ordinance (BIMC 16.20) and Shoreline Master Program (BIMC 16.12) regulations under Bainbridge Island Municipal Code Title 16, Environment.
For further information on the City of Bainbridge island, you may visit our website at www.bainbridgewa.gov.
Description of Services
The City seeks qualified consultants to provide wetland and fish and wildlife habitat conservation areas reviews associated with implementation of the Bainbridge Island Municipal Code (BIMC) Title 16. Work will include review of reports submitted by applicants as part of various land use applications and building permits. Work may also include the delineation of wetlands and creation of wetland reports for City projects.
Services needed may include, but are not limited to:
1. Review of wetland delineation reports, buffer enhancement plans, wetland monitoring and mitigation plans.
2. Review of habitat management plans.
3. Review of other similarly related environmental documentation for the purpose of evaluating whether these proposals meet the City’s Critical Areas Ordinance and Shoreline Master Program regulations under Bainbridge Island Municipal Code Title 16.
4. Review of activities potentially exempt from a critical area permit in which the applicant has provided a critical areas report demonstrating that the interrupted buffer area is functionally isolated from the critical area.
5. Review of restoration and/or mitigation for impacts to a critical area and buffer resulting from development activity.
6. Attend public hearings, as necessary on projects that impact a wetland and/or stream.
7. Review FEMA habitat assessments.
A firm will be chosen for a contract duration of two years. When performing their review, the selected firm should comment on consistency with typical local standards of practice for the proposed development and specific site conditions, and whether the proposal meet the regulations and standards as established in the BIMC and by the Department of Ecology.
A review letter with comments regarding the adequacy of the reviewed report with respect to meeting the requirements and intent of the BIMC and any updated standards from the Department of Ecology. The letter should typically be delivered within ten days after receiving the report from the City.
Proposals Due February 7, 2020
Consultant Selected February 14, 2020
Final Scope and Estimate Due February 24, 2020
Contract Executed March 2, 2020
Statement of Qualifications Submittal Requirements
Please include the following information in the submittal:
• Cover letter
• Description of the firm and team, including experience of key team members (resumes may be included in an appendix)
• Local project experience within western Washington. List 5-10 projects for which wetlands professional services were provided within the past 10 years. State nature and location of project, approximate value, services provided and outcome.
• PWS is desirable
• Any other relevant information you feel will be helpful in the selection process
The City reserves the right to reject all submissions and waive any irregularities in the information provided.
Questions about this project should be directed to Dave Greetham, Planning Manager at 206-780-3765 or email@example.com.
Three copies of the submittal must be received by 4:00 pm on Friday, February 7, 2020.