What judicial administrative records in Washington State are available to the public?

Judicial administrative records in Washington State are generally accessible to the public. These records may be written or recorded information related to the management of the court, its business with the public, or the carrying out of its administrative functions. These records include copies of records made by, used by, or received by a court in connections with its administrative functions.

The form for requesting administrative records is located on the court website under Records Request. You may mail or email the request form to the court or drop it off in person during regular business hours. It is your responsibility to make sure it is properly received by the court by calling to confirm. You may contact the Court Public Records Officer at 206-842-5641.

Show All Answers

1. Does the Public Records Act apply to the Judicial Branch?
2. What is the purpose of Rule GR 31.1?
3. What judicial administrative records in Washington State are available to the public?
4. Why are some records not available to the public?
5. If a record is available to the public, why may portions of the record be blocked out (redacted)?
6. How long are administrative public records kept?
7. How do I request a record?
8. What is the Municipal Court's process for responding to the request?
9. What if I disagree with the decision of the Public Records Officer?
10. Can I view public administrative records in-person?
11. How can I get paper copies of records?
12. What is the cost of obtaining or viewing administrative records?
13. Does the public records officer keep track of requests for administrative public records?
14. Is the court responsible for what happens when other people use information they received from an administrative public record?