The City of Bainbridge Island is soliciting detailed statements of qualifications from consultant firms with experience providing right-of-way acquisition/relocation services related to the City’s Eagle Harbor Phase 1 Shoulder Improvements project.
The partially federally funded project consists of widened asphalt shoulder improvements on both sides of Eagle Harbor Dr NE from Wyatt Way, south approximately 1,700 LF. Other improvements include stormwater conveyance and treatment, gabion walls, guardrail, etc.
Right-of-way acquisition services will include:
- Title Reports for each parcel. At present, 6 affected parcels
- as necessary
- Reviews as necessary
- with property owners
- Coordination with and certification by WSDOT Olympic Region real estate services
A Federal Aid Grant has been awarded for construction funds.
Requirements for Qualifications Responses
- Identify each person involved with the project team including technical partners, and briefly describe their respective roles, including:
- Information regarding the team member’s experience and qualifications.
- Resume of key team members.
- Description of how the team will be organized and led.
- Identify the project lead and their relationship to other members of the team.
- Describe the consultant’s relevant project experience with similar projects. Projects described must illustrate the consultant’s experience with preparing strategies and plans similar in scope to the proposed project.
Evaluation of RFQ responses will be based upon the following:
- Success in developing similar projects
- Quality of representative projects
- Qualifications of project team and key project managers
General Provisions and Conditions
The City reserves the right to:
- Reject any and/or all responses.
- Waive minor irregularities in a response.
- Cancel, revise, or extend this solicitation.
- Request additional information on any response beyond that required by this RFQ.
- Have the final decision on the selection.
- Modify the timeline and to issue addenda to this document.
This project is scheduled for construction in 2023. Accordingly, the ROW phase must be complete by June 1, 2022. The anticipated schedule for consultant selection and contract execution is shown below. The consultant should provide a schedule that shows completion of the project ROW phase by June 1, 2022.
Qualifications Due March 26, 2021
Consultant Interviews Week of April 5, 2021
Consultant Selected Week of April 12, 2021
Contract Executed May 11, 2021
ROW Phase Complete June 1, 2022
If you are interested in pursuing this project, we invite you to submit a statement of qualifications.
Interested consultants must submit an electronic copy of the response to the RFQ. The City will become owner of all submitted materials and will not pay any costs related to any responses to the RFQ.
All consultants must demonstrate compliance with the City’s insurance requirements at the time of contract approval and obtain a City Business License.
The deadline for this RFQ is 4:00 PM, March 26, 2021.
Chris Munter, PE
City of Bainbridge Island
Public Works Dept.
280 Madison Ave N
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
The City of Bainbridge Island in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability, in all its programs and activities. This material can be made available in an alternate format by emailing or by calling collect 206.842.2545.
Title VI Notice: The City of Bainbridge Island in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin or sex in consideration for an award.
For more information, contact the City Clerk’s office at 206.842.2545 and/or .
Dates of publication in the Bainbridge Review: February 26, March 5, March 12, 2021.