Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
Graphic Design Services
The City of Bainbridge Island is seeking qualified professionals to submit Statements of Qualifications for graphic design services. We are looking for fresh ideas and enthusiastic expertise to support the City’s cohesive communications efforts. We are seeking consultants with an eye for design, creative solutions to concepts, layouts, and uniformity to create various digital and physical collateral pieces to include, but not limited to,
- One-sheets and infographics
- Presentation design (digital and physical displays)
- Social media graphics
- Printed materials
- Direct mail
- Website graphics
- Update the City’s Style Guide
- Font Selection (compatible with frequently used programs)
- Complimentary Color(s) selection to go along with the current green (R148 G165 B69), brown (R82 G79 B38), and gray (R106 G115 B123)
- Develop editable templates
- Department Memos
- Powerpoint Presentation(s)
- Requests for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Requests for Proposal (RFP) (language to be determined by City Attorney)
- Business Cards (with option for secondary logo)
- Employee email signatures (both desktop and mobile devices)
- Employee out-of-office automatic replies
- Meeting Minutes
- Consultant will work and communicate regularly with Communications Coordinator to support the scope of services
The ideal consultant(s) will have experience and demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Demonstrated skills in graphic design
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility (deadlines, project information, and feedback can change often)
- Fresh perspective
- Attention to details
A Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for the Graphic Designed Style Guide RFQ should include the following:
- Resume of the professional(s) who would perform the work
- Three references
- At least three samples of graphic design work that demonstrate ability to cover the range of scope and/or portfolio of work.
Evaluation of RFQ responses will be based upon the following:
- Success in developing similar projects.
- Quality of representative projects and experience.
- Qualifications of project team and key project managers (as applicable), including references.
General Provisions and Conditions
The City reserves the right to:
- Reject any and all responses
- Waive minor irregularities in a response
- Cancel, revise, or extend this solicitation
- Request additional information on any response beyond that required by this RFQ
- Have the final decision on the selection
- Modify the timeline and to issue addenda to this document
Interested entities must submit an electronic copy of the response to the RFQ under the subject “Graphic Design Services RFQ” to . The maximum file size allowed is 75 MB. The City will become owner of all submitted materials and will not pay any costs related to any responses to the RFQ. All consultants must demonstrate compliance with the City’s insurance requirements at the time of contract approval and obtain a City Business License.
Responses deadline is 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 12, 2023.
Email is the preferred method, but responses may also be mailed to:
280 Madison Ave N
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Attn: Graphic Design Services RFQ
If you have any questions, please contact Communications Coordinator Shannon Hays at or 206-780-3741.
Deadline to Submit
Selection made by this date or sooner
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
The City of Bainbridge Island in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability, in all its programs and activities. This material can be made available in an alternate format by emailing or by calling collect 206.842.2545.
Title VI Notice: The City of Bainbridge Island in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin or sex in consideration for an award.