City Council adopted the 2019 Stormwater Management Manual of Western Washington for all future development, re-development, and construction projects effective June 30, 2022.
Site Assessment Requirements
Effective October 1, 2017, all projects are required to complete a Site Assessment Review (SAR) prior to submission of any land use or building permit.
Forms & Information for the Site Assessment & Review (SAR)
Ordinance & Resolution to Implement SAR
- Ordinance November 2017-03 (formally 2016-34) creating BIMC 15.19 Site Assessment and Development Permit
- Resolution Number 2017-08 (formally 2016-26) amending fee schedule for Site Assessment and Development Permit Fee
Approved by City Council at their December 13, 2016 meeting:
- Ordinance Number 2016-28 re: LID and amending BIMC code titles 1, 2, 12, 13, 15, and 18 per NPDES permit requirements (PDF)
Requirements for Permitting
Useful links and guidance re: new requirements for permitting:
- 2019 Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington
- 2012 Low Impact Development Technical Guidance Manual for Puget Sound
- Rain Garden Handbook for Western Washington
- Building Soil - Guidelines and Resources for Implementing Soil Quality and Depth BMP T5.13 (PDF)
- Western Washington Continuous Simulation Hydrology Model
- Western Washington NPDES Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permit
- Statewide Low Impact Development Training Program
- Many of the introductory and intermediate training session videos are available to view from the State's website. In particular, Module 3.4 Site Assessment, Planning and Layout is useful for planners to better understand the process that is required.
For more information, contact Engineering via email.