Concealed Weapons Permits

By law, you must have a concealed weapon permit if you carry a concealed firearm on your person, carry or place a loaded pistol in a vehicle, or transport a firearm. A concealed weapon permit is not needed if a weapon is being kept at a place of business or a private home.

Concealed weapon permit processing and fingerprinting services are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the police station. Walk-ins are welcome; first come, first served. Here's a link to the application on the Washington State Department of Licensing webpage (PDF).  Please refer to the City's Fee Schedule for the cost of a five-year permit. Issuance can take up to 30 days. We accept cash, check, and credit cards.