Concealed Weapons Permits
The police station lobby is currently closed except by appointment. If you would like to renew a concealed weapons permit, please follow the instructions below. If you would like to apply for a NEW concealed pistol license, please contact us to make an appointment for fingerprinting. Phone 206-842-5211; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to renew your Concealed Pistol License?
There is a special process now in place for the convenience of those who need to renew a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) during the current lobby closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please review the following instructions:
- In order to renew through the BIPD, you must be a resident of Bainbridge Island.
- Per RCW 9.41.070, a CPL holder may submit a renewal application up to 90 days in advance of its expiration, or up to 90 days after its expiration (which is then considered a late renewal and costs an additional $10).
- A link to the CPL renewal application is available below. You can also request an application by contacting email@example.com.
- When you send in your renewal application, please include a copy of your current driver’s license, a copy of your current CPL if you have it, and a check or money order payable to COBI for the amount due (provided below). You may also phone the department at (206) 842-5211 to pay by credit card. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Submit via U.S. Mail to: BIPD, 625 Winslow Way E, BI, WA 98110
- Don’t forget to indicate your return address so we can mail your CPL renewal back to you!
CPL Renewal Fee - $32 (when received up to 90 days prior to current CPL expiration date).
Late Renewal Fee - $42 (when received up to 90 days after current CPL expiration date).
If you are not a Bainbridge Island resident, please apply for your concealed weapon permit at the law enforcement agency in your city of residence. Those residing in unincorporated Kitsap County should visit the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office.