- Municipal Court
- Civil Legal Resources
Civil Legal Resources
Dispute Resolution and Mediation
Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County (DRC): a nonprofit organization, provides mediation, education, and behavioral health ombuds services to help individuals, families and organizations resolve conflict. The DRC services offer people in conflict powerful strategies to open communication and find lasting solutions. See the Kitsap County DRC website for more detailed information about services or call for a free screening. Phone: 360-698-0968 or 206-842-3215
General Civil Legal Services
Kitsap Legal Services: A non-profit volunteer lawyer program. that assists with many non-criminal legal issues. They can provide free legal help with Family Law (such as Divorce, Child Custody, and Child Support), Eviction and other housing issues, Wills, Power of Attorney, Health Care Directives, Bankruptcy, and many other issues. Not all of their services are income based. To see if you qualify, please contact Kitsap Legal Services at 360-479-6125 or GetHelp@KitsapLegalServices.org.
Northwest Justice Project: The statewide civil legal aid organization with the most funding and paid attorneys on the phone and around Washington State. They can provide advice on the phone and direct representation in court. To become eligible by calling CLEAR888-201-1014 or filling out the online application (their website indicates they will only call you back for loss of government benefits or housing so you still need to call them for all other issues).
Self-Help Publications: You can get many documents to help you with most areas of civil law and court procedures and advocate for yourself. Attorneys write these documents with the goal of people being able to help themselves. There are also instructions on how to fill out court forms.
Kitsap County Aging and Long Term Care: The local county government has a contract for seniors to receive direct legal assistance in many area. They contract with Northwest Justice Project to provide screening through CLEAR and then provide attorneys to help seniors on the phone or in-person within Kitsap County. The Kitsap County contact number is 800-562-6418.
Legal Forms & Court Services
- Washington State Courts: FREE forms to download for typing into or printing out
- Kitsap County Superior Court Facilitator’s Office Phone: 360-337-7260
- Kitsap County Superior Court Clerk’s Office Phone: 360-337-7164
- Kitsap County Superior Court Phone: 360-337-7140, or Washington Law Help
- Disability Rights of Washington - Upholding the legal rights of individuals with disabilities
- YWCA of Kitsap County main line 360-479-0522 DV line 360-479-0491
- Home Foreclosure Legal Aid, 877-894-4663 or 800-606-4819
- Housing Solutions Center 360-473-2035
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project Phone: 206-957-8600
- Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center Phone: 360-440-2376
- Peninsulas’ Community Information and Referrals call 211
- Team Child - Advocates for the legal rights of youth