Wyatt Way Reconstruction Phase 1
- Construction is anticipated to start during the week of June 8, 2020.
- Project location is Wyatt Way between Lovell Avenue and Madison Avenue with a mini roundabout at Wyatt Way & Madison Avenue.
What to expect during construction
People walking and driving should expect detours in and around the project area. More information regarding the project schedule and detour routes will be posted on the weekly Traffic Notification page here.
The Wyatt Way Reconstruction and Safety Improvement project will improve safety for all modes by constructing a complete street with sidewalk and bike lanes; preserving vehicle level of service and improving non-motorized level of service and connections; and rehabilitating poor pavement conditions by constructing road surfacing with appropriate drainage.
A central component of the project is a mini roundabout at the intersection of Wyatt Way and Madison Avenue to improve the level of service. Other improvements include sidewalks, bike lanes, paved shoulders, and lighting. Bicyclists approaching the intersection will have the choice of entering the roundabout or using ramps to access the multi-use sidewalks and crosswalks. The large existing trees on Wyatt Way, just west of the Madison Avenue intersection, will be preserved.
The project will include safety improvements for all users of Wyatt Way, including:
- A mini roundabout at the Wyatt Way-Madison Avenue intersection to improve traffic flow and pedestrian safety;
- Widened, multi-use sidewalks with ramp access for bicyclists;
- Improved ADA ramps and street crossings;
- New sidewalks on both sides of Wyatt Way between Madison Avenue and Lovell Avenue;
- Drainage and water main replacements; and
- Lighting, landscaping, and rainwater quality improvements.
At the August 27, 2019 City Council meeting, two items were approved to move forward to the September 10, 2019 meeting. One item is for right-of-way acquisition services and the other is to purchase easements or right-of-way necessary for the Wyatt/Madison Avenue Roundabout project.
At the June 14, 2016 City Council meeting, staff and design consultant presented (PDF) the preferred design alternative to City Council and public for approval.
- Construction award was approved at the March 24, 2020 City Council meeting.
- Construction is anticipated to start week of June 8, 2020 and be completed by fall 2020.
Construction is estimated to be completed by fall 2020.
Title VI: The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Language services are available upon request. Those requiring disability accommodations and/or materials made available in alternate formats, please contact the City Clerk at 206.842.2545 or by email.