Winslow Subarea Plan Update
The City Council has identified updating the Winslow Subarea Plan as a High Priority work plan item in 2022. The City Council began discussing a roadmap for updating the Plan at their meeting on February 8, 2022. Updating the WMP is also identified as a priority action in the Land Use Element of the Comprehensive Plan. See pages LU-31 – LU-32.
LU Action #6 Update the Winslow Mixed Use Town Center Master Plan in order to facilitate progress on the Housing Priorities that can best be accommodated in an area with an existing urban character, urban facilities, services, and multi-modal transportation options.
The City Council directed the City Manager to form an interdepartmental committee to begin the Winslow Subarea Plan project. Staff will:
• Identify outdated sections in the current plan;
• Create a project timeline for completing the update that integrates existing work program items, such as the Climate Action Plan, Sustainable Transportation Plan and upcoming Housing Action Plan; and
• Develop a project description and scope of work.
The Council on Feb. 8 changed the name of the project to Winslow Subarea Plan to avoid the use of offensive language with the previous title of the project. The last update of the Winslow Subarea Plan was completed in 2006.
Current Winslow Subarea Plan
- Chapter 1 - Introduction and Summary (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Land Use (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Housing (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Open Space and Trails (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Public Facilities (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Transportation (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Washington State Ferries Issues (PDF)
- Chapter 8 - Utilities (PDF)
- Chapter 9 - Capital Facilities (PDF)
- Chapter 10 - Implementation Action Strategy (PDF)
- Chapter 11 - Monitoring Program (PDF)
- Chapter 12 - Impacts and Mitigation (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)