Online Notary Scheduling
The City of Bainbridge Island now accepts Notary Appointments with convenient online scheduling.
Appointments are encouraged; walk-in appointments may not be accommodated due to staff schedules.
See below for appointment calendar.
The notary must witness your signature. Do not sign your documents until you are in front of the notary.
Customers requiring witness signatures before a notary public must provide their own witnesses at the time of notarization. In the case of witnesses for a will, the witnesses cannot be named in the will. The individual whose document is being notarized must personally know the witness and valid photo identification must be provided.
Location & Specifics
Please note that not all notary services are performed at City Hall typically because the document lacks or does not contain a standard notary block.
These types of requests may not be accommodated:
- real estate transactions involving more than 4 notarized signatures;
- complex wills or estate documents involving more than 4 notarized signatures;
- documents with a notary block in a foreign language;
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verifications; and
- blank documents, documents with blank spaces, and documents without notarial wording;
- birth certificates - only a representative of the custodian of birth records is legally able to authenticate a copy of a birth certificate;
- marriage licenses - if you need a verified copy of your marriage license you need to order a certified copy from the county clerk’s office in the county where you were married.
True & Correct Copies
Notary services for true and correct copies will only be performed for City-related business documents. Check the Yellow Pages or search the internet for other notary locations in the area for these services.
We cannot prepare notary documents on your behalf, nor offer legal advice. For more information, see
Remember to bring: Photo ID - Unsigned Documents - $5.00 Fee per Document - Witnesses (if required)
For special accommodation, contact the Deputy City Clerk