Waterfront Park & City Dock
The new dock is now open and ready for public use. We hope you enjoy the improvements to the waterfront!
The physical address of the park is 301 Shannon Drive SE, Bainbridge Island, WA.
We have openings as Dock and Kiosk host. The Harbormaster needs your help greeting boaters and visitors to Eagle Harbor Waterfront Park. If you enjoy an active boating community, the outdoors and meeting new people, this volunteer opportunity is for you. Call Tami Allen, BIPD Cell 206-786-7627.
Waterfront Park is one of the most popular civic and social gathering places for island residents and visitors alike. It welcomes annual festivals, summer performances, special events, picnics, music performances, and more. It provides sunny lawn areas for play and relaxation and easy access to the water's edge for boating and tranquil views of Eagle Harbor.
The 5.5-acre park also supports a children's play area. Waterfront Park is bordered by the downtown area featuring a wide range of restaurants, businesses and retail stores within walking distance.
Waterfront Park is open for day use only and is located on Eagle Harbor off of Brien Drive (across from the Bainbridge Commons).
The 900-foot city dock is directly south of Waterfront Park. It is open year-round and is first come, first served and vessel raft together. The city dock offers guest moorage for vessels for up to 70 feet. The city also offers offshore guest moorage on buoys in Eagle Harbor and ample transient anchorage in Eagle Harbor and around the island.
For special event dock reservations, please complete a $100 nonrefundable Dock Use Permit application (PDF). Contact the Harbormaster with any questions at 206-786-7627.
Boater fees due upon arrival are as follows:
- Boat-Trailer Combo Parking - $8 per day, $80 per year
- Buoy and Dinghy Dock - 24 hours - $0.25 per foot
- Car-Top Boater Parking - $5 per day, per car
- Day Use Dinghy Dock, Launch, Pump-Out - Free
- Dock Moorage - 0 to 3 hours - $0.10 per foot
- Dock Moorage - 24 hours - $0.50 per foot
- Dock Power 30 Amp and 50 Amp - $5/day
- Group Launch - $20 per day
Reminder for Boaters
- Eagle Harbor is a 5-knot, no-wake zone beginning at the U.S. Coast Guard Green Number 5 Can. Float planes are asked to land and take off outside the Number 5.
- Moorage is first-come, first served and vessels should prepare to raft. There is 900 linear feet of moorage at the dock and 80 feet of load and unload access (yellow whalers).
- Motoring is not allowed in the Aquatic Conservancy at the far west end of the inner harbor.
- Public anchoring is permitted west of the WSF repair facility, 200 feet south of marinas and east of the private tidelands at entrance to the inner harbor, and so as not to hazard other vessels.
- Vessels should prepare to raft at the City dock. Dinghy tie-up is free and only on the northwest section of the dock.
- There is a federal Regulated Navigation Area (PDF) (No Anchor) in Eagle Harbor.
- The pump out dock is on the southwest section identified by yellow whalers and is for pumping out only.
- Transient (48 hours) anchoring is allowed in the Open Water Anchoring and Mooring Area.
- We prohibit discharge of any kind. Free showers are included in your moorage. Contact the Harbormaster or volunteer dock host for access to the showers.
- There is 30-amp and 50-amp power for $5/day. These pedastals will measure your stray current and service will cease at the power source upland when it reads 30milliamps of stray current (2018 regulations).
How to Purchase a Boat-Trailer Annual Placard
If you use the boat-trailer parking often at the daily rate of $8, you may want to consider an annual parking placard. They cost $80 and can be used daily for parking your boat-trailer combo while your boat is in the water.
These placards are valid January 1, 2018, through December 31, 2018. Boat-trailer stalls are reserved for you daily near the ramp as well as weekends and holidays at the indicated areas of Bjune Avenue.
Your placard will eliminate the need to complete a fee envelope each time you park. Observe the following options.
- Option 1: Complete a fee envelope at the dock and submit $80. Circle "annual" on the envelope and write your full mailing address. Tear off the receipt and write "annual" for the dates. Use this paper receipt on your windshield until your placard arrives in the mail.
- Option 2: Pay with a credit cart by calling 206.780.8591or visiting the cashier at City Hall, 280 Madison Avenue North, weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. We will issue you a placard over the counter.
- Option 3: Mail a check for $80 to the cashier at City Hall, 280 Madison Avenue North, Bainbridge Island, Washington 98110. We will mail you your placard. If you need to park before the placard arrives, please leave a note on your windshield for parking enforcement.