City facilities, including City Hall, Municipal Court, and the Police Station, will remain closed to the public until further notice pursuant to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.
Gov. Jay Inslee continues to update measures to combat COVID-19 and released additional guidance for construction in his ’Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ order. Under the Governor’s order, “construction is not considered to be an essential activity.” As a result, all construction – residential and commercial – is not authorized while the order is in place and is subject to limited exceptions. Please see the Building Department Update for more information about what activities can occur under the order and how it is impacting other essential facilities such as parks and schools on the City’s COVID page.
Planning and Community Development (PCD) now requires appointments for consultations, as well as, the submittal of building and land use permits. Appointments for consultations and submitting building and land use permits can be made HERE.
Planners and inspectors can continue to be reached by email and phone (see staff directory).
Building inspections can be scheduled by calling 206-780-3789.
The Citizen Self Service Center allows you to do the following online:
- Check the status of a permit
- Apply for a permit (some restrictions apply)
- Schedule an inspection
- View inspection schedule
- Pay permit fees
To help better prepare you for your inspection, the City had developed these helpful checklists. While they do not cover every code requirement that may apply to your particular job, they are the most common areas for correction.
Can I schedule an inspection during the time that the Governor’s Order is in place?
- In striving to meet the needs of the community during this time in a manner that complies with the Order, the City is providing limited inspection services.
- Prior to moving forward with any work which requires inspection, please check with one of our inspectors by calling (206) 780-3789 for additional information and guidance. Depending on the work as related to the Governor’s Order, you may or may not be able to schedule an inspection or may be directed to provide additional information for clarification purposes.
- We are offering some alternative inspection processes on a case by case basis with very specific criteria which must be followed. Consult with your inspector related to these alternatives.