Annual Roads Preservation Program
The City provides annual road maintenance to preserve and protect Island roadways. The Annual Roads Preservation program consists of a combination of 1) grinding and patching roadways and/or 2) chip sealing. Grinding and patching the roadways is a maintenance operation. Chip sealing is the process of applying a coat of asphalt oil and finely crushed rock over the existing pavement. This restores the street surface to protect the roadway from water and weather damage. Chip sealing is a cost-effective way to extend the life of a road and save significant funds on future road repair costs.
- Map of Roads to be chip sealed
- July 23, 2019 City Council - Contract Award
- July 2, 2019 - Bid Opening
- 2019 - Advertisement for Bids
Reference: 2019 Chip Sealing Project
Duration: Tuesday, August 20th to Wednesday, August 21st (patching roads)
Monday, August 26th to Friday, August 30th (chip sealing)
- It is anticipated that crews will work 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the project. While crews are working, roads will be reduced to one lane with flaggers.
- During the chip seal process, there will be a temporary closure (with detours) along Sportsman Club Road between Finch Road and High School Road.
- For the days of seal coat application, and immediately after the project, the speed limit will be reduced to avoid vehicle damage from flying rocks. Drivers are advised to go slow and travel a safe distance from the construction vehicles.
- 2018 Asphalt Repair Map + Beachcrest Drive
- 2017 Program - The 2017 program was added to 2018.
- 2016 Asphalt Repair
- 2015 Asphalt Repair
- 2015 Chip Seal Map
- 2014 Asphalt Repair
PROJECT NOTIFICATIONS: Select “NOTIFY ME” to subscribe to project notifications and select "Annual Roads Program" project.
Title VI: The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Those requiring disability accommodations, please contact the City Clerk at 206-842-2545, or email.