Annual Roads Preservation Program
The Annual Roads Preservation Program consists of a combination of 1) grinding and patching roadways and/or 2) chip sealing. Grinding and patching the roadways is a maintenance operation. Chip sealing adds a coating of asphalt oil and fine crushed rock over the existing pavement to preserve the street surface and to keep the roads in good drive-able condition.
Annually, scoping is conducted to determine the roads in greatest need; specifications are produced, and advertising generally occurs in the spring/summer months. Construction is preferred during the warm weather season. Typical elements may include: asphalt Repair, overlay, chip seal and non-motorized spot improvements.
- Estimated Start: May 2018
Estimated Completion: July 2018 (except for Beach Crest Dr)
- 2018 Annual Roads Repair Location Map
- BEACHCREST DRIVE
- 9/7/18 UPDATE: Following resolution of the Local 302 Union strike, the City’s contractor plans to return to work on Beachcrest Drive next week.
- Tuesday/ Wednesday – Ripping and grading road surface.
- Thursday/ Friday – Paving.
- Road will be closed during paving operations, expect delays of 1-hour or more.
- 9/14/18 - Paving Completed.
- 2018 Asphalt Repair Map
- 2017 Program - The 2017 program was added to 2018.
- 2016 Asphalt Repair
- 2015 Asphalt Repair
- 2015 Chip Seal Map
- 2014 Asphalt Repair
PROJECT NOTIFICATIONS: Select “NOTIFY ME” to subscribe to project notifications and select "Annual Roads Program" project.
Title VI: The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Those requiring disability accommodations, please contact the City Clerk at 206-842-2545, or email.