Utility Advisory Committee
The City of Bainbridge Island welcomes the participation of volunteers in serving our Island community through advisory groups.
Please complete the form if you are interested in serving. Once completed, this form will become part of the City's Volunteer Roster. Please note: once submitted, this application becomes a public record. Your address and contact information will not be shared.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Applications will be considered active for one year.
Regular Meeting Schedule
- Meets the second Wednesday of the month from 5:30 to 7pm (unless otherwise noted)
- Location: Council Conference Room
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Utility Advisory Committee shall act in an advisory capacity to the city council with respect to issues relevant to the operation and management policies of the City’s water, sanitary sewer, storm water and other utilities. The committee shall not supplant administrative advice on policy issues to the city council but shall be in addition to staff advice. The committee shall not interfere with the administrative staff functions involving day to day operation of the city utilities. All city utility-related policies shall be reviewed by the committee prior to consideration by city council. In it’s advisory capacity, the committee shall:
- Consult with the city manager to develop an annual work plan for approval by the city council;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council regarding such utility-related policy matters as the city council or the committee deems appropriate;
- Give advisory recommendations to the city council on matters relating to the city’s water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility policies;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council regarding utility rates, rate structures and other charges made to water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility customers;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council relative to the planning for and financing of water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility capital facilities;
- Keep the city council regularly informed of activities of the committee in a timely manner;
- Report annually to the city council prior to the start of the budget process.
Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) Study Results - June 1, 2021
COBI Water System Memorandum - October 23, 2020
2018 Annual Report and 2019 Work Plan
UAC Recommendation Regarding Revision to Water & Sewer Rates - March 7, 2019
Water & Sewer Rate Study (FCS Group) - January 23, 2019
UAC Recommendation Regarding System Participation Fees - November 14, 2018
Water & Sewer Rate Study (FCS Group) - August 22, 2018
Water System Plan (Adopted August 22, 2017)
General Sewer Plan (Adopted September 22, 2015)
Utilities Element of the Comprehensive Plan