Utility Advisory Committee
Seeking Volunteers - Apply Now!
Applications are due by 4 p.m. Friday, July 31. Applicants must be available in August for interviews. Terms begin September 1, 2020. If you prefer a paper copy of the application, please email Executive Assistant Roz Lassoff at email@example.com and staff will mail you a copy.
City Advisory Group Meetings
All City Advisory Group meetings, excluding Design Review Board, Planning Commission and the Race Equity Task Force, are canceled until June 30 due to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order issued on March 23.
Click here for more information on the City’s COVID-19 response.
Information on Role of Councilmember Liaisons.
Second Wednesday of every month, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm in the Council Conference Room at City Hall (unless otherwise noticed).
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Utility Advisory Committee shall act in an advisory capacity to the city council with respect to issues relevant to the operation and management policies of the City’s water, sanitary sewer, storm water and other utilities. The committee shall not supplant administrative advice on policy issues to the city council but shall be in addition to staff advice. The committee shall not interfere with the administrative staff functions involving day to day operation of the city utilities. All city utility-related policies shall be reviewed by the committee prior to consideration by city council. In it’s advisory capacity, the committee shall:
- Consult with the city manager to develop an annual work plan for approval by the city council;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council regarding such utility-related policy matters as the city council or the committee deems appropriate;
- Give advisory recommendations to the city council on matters relating to the city’s water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility policies;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council regarding utility rates, rate structures and other charges made to water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility customers;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council relative to the planning for and financing of water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility capital facilities;
- Keep the city council regularly informed of activities of the committee in a timely manner;
- Report annually to the city council prior to the start of the budget process.
2018 Annual Report and 2019 Work Plan
UAC Recommendation Regarding Revision to Water & Sewer Rates - March 7, 2019
Water & Sewer Rate Study (FCS Group) - January 23, 2019
UAC Recommendation Regarding System Participation Fees - November 14, 2018
Water & Sewer Rate Study (FCS Group) - August 22, 2018
Water System Plan (Adopted August 22, 2017)
General Sewer Plan (Adopted September 22, 2015)
Utilities Element of the Comprehensive Plan