Utility Advisory Committee
Apply to Serve on the Utility Advisory Committee
Members should have knowledge or expertise in utility planning, construction, rate structures or related focus areas. The committee provides recommendations to the Council related to the City’s water, sanitary sewer and stormwater utility policies and utility rates, rate structures and other changes made to water, sanitary sewer and stormwater utility customers.
Regular Meeting Schedule
- Meets the first Wednesday of the month from 5:30 to 7 p.m., (unless otherwise noted)
- Location: Council Conference Room
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Utility Advisory Committee shall act in an advisory capacity to the city council with respect to issues relevant to the operation and management policies of the City’s water, sanitary sewer, storm water and other utilities. The committee shall not supplant administrative advice on policy issues to the city council but shall be in addition to staff advice. The committee shall not interfere with the administrative staff functions involving day to day operation of the city utilities. All city utility-related policies shall be reviewed by the committee prior to consideration by city council. In it’s advisory capacity, the committee shall:
- Consult with the city manager to develop an annual work plan for approval by the city council;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council regarding such utility-related policy matters as the city council or the committee deems appropriate;
- Give advisory recommendations to the city council on matters relating to the city’s water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility policies;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council regarding utility rates, rate structures and other charges made to water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility customers;
- Consult with and make recommendations to the city council relative to the planning for and financing of water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility capital facilities;
- Keep the city council regularly informed of activities of the committee in a timely manner;
- Report annually to the city council prior to the start of the budget process.
2022 Utility Rate & System Participation Fee Update Report - April 2023
2022 Activities and 2023 Proposed Work Plan
2021 Annual Report and 2022 Work Plan
Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) Study Results - June 1, 2021
COBI Water System Memorandum - October 23, 2020
Water System Plan (Adopted August 22, 2017)
General Sewer Plan (Adopted September 22, 2015)
Utilities Element of the Comprehensive Plan