City Advisory Group Meetings
All City Advisory Group meetings, excluding Planning Commission and the Design Review Board, are canceled until May 31 due to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order issued on March 23.
Click here for more information on the City’s COVID-19 response.
Information on Role of Councilmember Liaisons.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Commission serves as an advisory body to the City Council, and provides recommendations to the Planning Director, Hearing Examiner and/or the City Council.
The Commission’s role can be to consider legislative, as well as quasi-judicial matters, depending upon the action before it. Pursuant to Chapter 35A.63 RCW, the commission has primary responsibility for preparing, reviewing and updating the Comprehensive Plan.
Scope of Work
The Planning Commission shall:
- Create the Planning Commission agenda per the Planning Director’s recommendation
- Participate in the preparation and review of the Comprehensive Plan
- Report annually to the City Council prior to the start of the budget process
- Review and make recommendations on all applications for amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, official zoning map and official zoning ordinance
- Such other advisory duties as may be assigned to it by the City Council or as specified in the Bainbridge Island Municipal Code (BIMC)
The Commission shall reflect the diverse perspectives, work experiences, and backgrounds represented in the community. Each Commissioner shall endeavor to understand and agree to uphold the Comprehensive Plan.