Historic Preservation Commission
- First Thursday of every month, 2 - 4 p.m.
- Council Conference Room, City Hall (unless otherwise noticed)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
On July 7, 2004, the city received its approval to be a Certified Local Government (CLG) under a program managed by the National Park Service and the Washington State Office of Historic Preservation.
As a CLG, the commission is able to provide technical assistance to owners of historic properties and to create a local register of historic properties with the approval of the property owner. The commission will also review any Bainbridge Island applications to the National Historic register.
In-person information about the Historic Preservation Commission and how to apply for the register is available from the Planning Department.
The Commission continues to work closely with the Historical Society in all activities and the Society is an invaluable resource for the Commission.
Historic Preservation Resources
- Federal tax Incentives for Historic Preservation
- Historic preservation and restoration books available from:
- Bainbridge Island Draft Historical Signage Program (PDF)
- Ordinance 2013-18 Comprehensive Plan Amendment: Historic Preservation Introduction, Goals and Policies (PDF)