Seeking Volunteers - Apply Now!
Applications are due by 4 p.m. Friday, July 31. Applicants must be available in August for interviews. Terms begin September 1, 2020. If you prefer a paper copy of the application, please email Executive Assistant Roz Lassoff at firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will mail you a copy.
City Advisory Group Meetings
All City Advisory Group meetings, excluding Design Review Board, Planning Commission and the Race Equity Task Force, are canceled until June 30 due to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order issued on March 23.
Click here for more information on the City’s COVID-19 response.
Third Monday of every month, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm in the Council Chamber at City Hall (unless otherwise noticed).
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The City Council has adopted a Code of Conduct and Ethics Program to guide the conduct of Councilmembers and members of City Committees and Commissions. Specifically, the Code of Conduct and Ethics Program establishes a Code of Conduct, a Code of Ethics, and provides a process to review possible violations of the Code of Conduct and of the Code of Ethics by Councilmembers and members of City Committees and Commissions. The Code of Conduct and Ethics Program also provides for an Ethics Board to assist with the administration of the program.
The Ethics Board consists of seven members nominated by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council for three-year terms. In accordance with the Code of Conduct and Ethics Program, the responsibilities of the Ethics Board include the following:
- Training Councilmembers and members of City Committees and Commissions on the requirements of the Code of Conduct and Ethics Program;
- Responding to requests for advisory opinions or waivers submitted by Councilmembers or members of a City Committee or Commission; and
- Participating in the review of complaints alleging violations by a Councilmember or a member of a City Committee or Commission of the Code of Conduct or the Code of Ethics.
Current Code of Conduct and Ethics Program
- Resolution No. 2019-26 (Effective February 1, 2020)
- Resolution No. 2018-10 (Expires February 1, 2020)
Archive of Prior Legislative Action
- Resolution No. 2012-11
- Resolution No. 2011-13
- Resolution No. 2011-07
- Resolution No. 2006-25
- Ordinance No. 2005-31
Ethics Board Annual Reports and Work Plans