Design Review Board
City Advisory Group Meetings
All City Advisory Group meetings, excluding Planning Commission and the Design Review Board, are canceled until June 30 due to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order issued on March 23.
Click here for more information on the City’s COVID-19 response.
Information on Role of Councilmember Liaisons.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Design Review Board is composed of seven members who shall include at least one representative with expertise in the following disciplines and/or groups: landscape architecture; urban design; public art committee or local artist; developers; at-large community member; and at least two architects.
The board shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the director, hearing examiner and planning commission, as applicable, regarding site plan and design reviews and conditional use permits pursuant to BIMC 2.16.040, 16.050, and 2.16.110 that are subject to city-adopted design guidelines. Applications related to single-family residences such as family day care homes, minor/major home occupations, and single-family residential height variations are exempt from design review board consideration. In addition, applications related to utility facilities and to outdoor recreation facilities are exempt from design review board consideration.
- Review and make recommendations to the planning commission and the city council on changes, amendments and/or additions to the design guidelines.
- Serve in an advisory and review capacity to housing design demonstration project applications pursuant to BIMC 2.16.020.Q, including those design demonstration project applications involving land subdivision.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be provided by resolution or ordinance of the city council.
- Report annually to the city council prior to the start of the budget process.