Disclaimer: The views posted by an individual Councilmember are only those of that particular Councilmember. They do not represent the official position of either the City Council or the City of Bainbridge Island.
- The views posted by individual Councilmembers come from the Councilmembers themselves - City staff only helps with the administrative process of posting them on the website.
- The public may respond to an individual Councilmember by sending that Councilmember an email, but that response will not be posted for other members of the public or other Councilmembers to read.
- Any email response from the public will become a public record subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act.
- Other Councilmembers will not send each other email responses to individual posts - discussion of issues will be conducted
- in the normal course of regular or special City Council meetings under the Open Public Meetings Act.
Joe Deets Views
- Public Comment during the February 26th 2021 Public Hearing on Puget Sound Energy’s Draft Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) for Electricity and Natural Gas
- Sept 2020 BI Review Guest Opinion Article: Peaceful Protests Compel Change on Bainbridge Island
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Plan Recommendations for Bainbridge Island, July 29, 2020
- Investigation of Trump (post-Mueller Report) April 30, 2019
Michael Pollock Views
In-Depth Comparison of Final 2 City Manager Candidates-Request for Your Opinion by Tuesday 1/26/21 (i.e. ASAP)
Over the week-end I did a deep dive into the records of Keith Campbell and Blair King, the two finalists for the Bainbridge Island City Manager position. Blair King has a longer track record than Keith Campbell, so his dive was a bit deeper. The draft results are presented in summary below and in detail in an attached summary file and a longer file that includes annotated references and additional notes. I did my best to be objective while collecting data, but ultimately I did form opinions.
I am requesting that you as a citizen of Bainbridge Island, review this material and the supporting annotated references and make your own determination as to which City Manager candidate is most suitable for our community, and to share your opinion with the Bainbridge Island City Council at: Council@bainbridgewa.gov.
The Council may be making a decision on the City Manager position as soon as this coming Tuesday evening, so please provide your opinion before then if possible.
I am also sending this draft evaluation to the two City Manager candidate finalists to provide them both with an opportunity to add to or correct the record. I would like to have provided them with this opportunity to respond prior to releasing this draft to the public, but the possibility that Council will make a final decision this Tuesday does not provide time for that.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this somewhat lengthy analysis and providing your considered opinion.
Michael Pollock, Councilmember, City of Bainbridge Island.