- Public Records
- Comprehensive Plan
Bainbridge Island's Comprehensive Plan was initially adopted in 1994, and updated in 2004 and 2017, as required by the state Growth Management Act. The full Plan is available at the bottom of this page.
In 1990, the state legislature enacted the Growth Management Act (GMA). The following year unincorporated Bainbridge Island annexed to the City of Winslow. The City's Comprehensive Plan guides the growth and establishes the long-range vision for the Island, identifying important characteristics that the community desires to retain, promote, or foster. The Comprehensive Plan incorporates goals and policies that guide the community toward that vision.
The Bainbridge Island Comprehensive Plan includes the GMA required elements for land use, housing, capital facilities, utilities, transportation and economic development, plus optional elements including water resources, human services, environmental and cultural development.
The Comprehensive Plan also includes a Future Land Use Map linked to the land use and environmental policies that establishes areas of the city for residential, commercial, industrial, and other land uses.
Shoreline Management Master Program
Please note that the goals and policies of the Shoreline Management Master Program are considered part of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Introduction (PDF)
- Land Use Element (PDF)
- Economic Element (PDF)
- Environmental Element (PDF)
- Water Resources Element (PDF)
- Housing Element (PDF)
- Transportation Element (PDF)
- Capital Facilities Element (PDF)
- Utilities Element (PDF)
- Cultural Element (PDF)
- Human Services Element (PDF)
- Glossary (PDF)
- Appendix A - Economic Profile (PDF)
- Appendix B - Housing Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix C - Island-wide Transportation Plan
- Appendix D - Winslow Master Plan (PDF)
- Appendix E - Lynwood Center Subarea Plan (PDF)
- Ordinance 2017-01 (PDF)
- Exhibit A (The entire plan as presented above)
- Exhibit B Future Land Use Map (PDF)
- Ordinance 2017-02 (PDF)