In association with the Marine Water Access Committee (MAC), the Harbormaster organizes, coordinates and directs activities related to the use, operation, security, maintenance and improvement of Bainbridge Island harbors. This includes facilitating marine and general services for commercial and recreational boaters and the public, working closely with volunteer harbor stewards to orchestrate harbor activity, collecting fees for water-related uses, providing status reports for consideration and action, and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws regulating harbor activity. The harbormaster also works with the U.S Coast Guard and the Department of Natural Resources regarding vessels that are lost, found, adrift, sinking, derelict and abandoned, works with the executive and finance departments of the city to manage transient and long term use of harbor buoys, city docks and maintains records of visiting and residential boaters.
Harbormaster Bulletin Board
September 3, 2019 USCG AUX Navigation class. Strawberry Hill Center 7666 High School Road. Grant WInther 206.842.5862.
The City of Bainbridge Island, Harbormaster 206.780.3733, cell 206.786.7627 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bainbridge Island offers four harbors for gunk holing, numerous public road ends for approaching by dinghy, and ample transient moorage at the City dock in Eagle Harbor.
- Transient moorage is available on a first come, first served basis. The time limit is 48 hours per 7 days. Overnight guest have access to hot showers in the restroom facility. For the current shower door code, contact Tami Allen via email or by phone at her desk, 206-780-3733, or cell, 206-786-7627.
- You can now pay at the City Dock with Credit and Debit card. View the current moorage and parking rates (PDF)
- View the No Anchor Zone (PDF)
- For the $100 non-refundable dock reservation (special use), download the Eagle Harbor Dock Use Permit (PDF)
- Resident Boaters! Please complete the Boat Information for Island's Emergency Flotilla. and the City Emergency Volunteer Credential Application.
- Our island hosts the State's only full time, 100% live aboard, offshore Open Water Marina (PDF).
- For Harbor Notices, be sure to select "Notify Me" from the City's home page and let me know. View past activities: Harbormaster Reports