Submitting a Permit Application
Planning & Community Development is rolling out a new phase in our electronic permitting process: Applicant Uploaded Submittals. Starting Monday, April 26, 2021, permit applicants will be uploading their own submittals documents via our Online Permit Center after their Permit Intake Appointment. In an effort to provide better service in processing permits, we are asking applicants to upload their documents using new naming conventions. All documents must be provided in PDF format (necessary for electronic review) and each submittal type must be contained in one document (i.e., all structural plan sheets must be in one PDF document named Structural Plan Set).
Follow these easy steps and submit with success:
- Make an appointment at https://www.bainbridgewa.gov/1110/Planning-and-Building-Submittal-Appointm
- Email Project Application and Site Plan to email@example.com 48 hours before appointment.
- Permit Specialists will review application materials and call the applicant with next steps (i.e. describe revisions needed or additional documents required or how to pay permit fees)
- After submittal appointment, go to Online Permit Center and submit your permit application documents.
Tips for success when submitting an application:
- All documents are required to be in PDF format.
- Plan sets are now required to be split into the following submittals -
- Architectural Plan Set
- Civil Plan Set
- Structural Plan Set
- Each plan set must be contained in one document, i.e., individual sheets comprising a plan set are no longer allowed.
- Please follow these naming conventions when submitting documents:
- When resubmitting plans, submit entire corrected set, do not extract and submit single pages