- City Clerk
City Clerk's Office
The City Clerk’s Office supports the City Council legislative process, ensures compliance with public access to records in accordance with the Public Records Act and coordinates the City’s record management program.
- Prepare and coordinate the development of Council agenda materials and meeting minutes
- Provide public notification, ensuring compliance with Washington Open Public Meetings Act
- Serve as City’s Public Records Officer to manage City’s response to public records requests
- Coordinate the City’s records management program
- Provide Oath of Office
- Coordinate updates to the Municipal Code
- Update use of technology for optimum meeting management and transparency
- Serve as liaison to the Public Disclosure Commission and the Kitsap County Auditor for elections
- Attest documents as the custodian of the official seal of the City
- Receive claims for damages and lawsuits filed against the City
- Serve as primary notary for the City
Public Records Portal
Bainbridge Island Public Records Portal This web portal will allow you to submit a public records request to the City of Bainbridge Island. Previous requests and responsive documents are viewable in the portal. You may find what you are looking for without having to submit a request.
Guide to Council Meetings
This Guide to Council Meetings is a general overview of the City Council meeting process and is intended to help you better understand your local government. Learn about the City Council meeting process, including the types of Council actions, agenda items, and more.
Council meetings occur on Tuesday nights at 6 p.m. and the Council does not generally meet on a fifth Tuesday of the month. Much of this information is provided in the City’s Governance Manual, a legislative document that serves as a guide for the conduct of legislative/executive operations on behalf of the community.
Deputy City Clerk
280 Madison Avenue North
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- How do I watch a City Council meeting?
- Where can I find City Council agendas?
- How can I comment on an agenda item?
- How do I contact council members?
- What is the easiest way to access public records?
- How do I submit a public records request?
- Is any information exempt from a public records request?
- How long does it take for the City to respond to a public records request?
- How can I learn more about the City’s public records request process?
- How can I access the Municipal Code?
- How can I find ordinances and resolutions passed by Council?
- How do I submit a claim for damages?
- How can I find real property records?
- Who administers elections?
- Does the City Clerk issue business licenses?