COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The City of Bainbridge Island, in partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department and Bainbridge Prepares, is coordinating with Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy on COVID-19 vaccine distribution. As of August 29, this partnership has supported the administration of over 27,650 doses to eligible individuals from Kitsap and surrounding counties.
Our SIXTH annual Day of Preparedness will be a flu and COVID immunization clinic on Saturday, September 25, 2021.
In partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department, Bainbridge Prepares, and the Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy, we will provide FREE flu vaccinations (free with insurance and subsidized by our sponsors for individuals without insurance) on Saturday at the Commodore High School gymnasium. In addition, we will also provide free COVID-19 vaccines – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd* doses of all three approved vaccines: Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty), and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen).
*3rd doses of mRNA (Moderna and Pfizer) vaccines are available ONLY to individuals who meet the CDC’s definition of immunocompromised.
At this time, booster doses are not fully approved for any type of vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson). We are waiting for formal approval from the FDA, CDC, and State Department of Health before scheduling booster doses. We anticipate approval in the next week and are planning for a booster clinic on October 2. Additional information will be shared at a later time.
COVID-19 and flu immunization appointments are avaialble online at our Clinic Registration site.
***September 2 Update***
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
You must have received your second dose of either Moderna or Pfizer more than four weeks ago. Individuals who received the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID vaccine are not currently eligible for a booster.
This clinic will be held at the Bainbridge Island Senior Community Center located at 370 Brien Drive SE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. Appointments will open tomorrow, August 25, and will be available to book online here: COVID-19 Vaccination Schedule (timetap.com) Appointments for the afternoon are released first and then if they fill up, morning appointments will be opened up.
We continue to monitor State and Federal guidance on recommendations for booster doses for the general public and we anticipate holding booster clinics beginning in late September.
For individuals needing to locate a first dose of Moderna or Pfizer, please check the Vaccine Finder here: Vaccinate WA: COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
Lose Your CDC Card?
If you have lost your CDC COVID vaccination card the best way to get a copy of your immunization record is to visit https://wa.myir.net/ or email email@example.com to obtain proof of vaccination. Do not request a replacement card from the vaccine provider. The federal government did not provide extra CDC cards and vaccine providers are not able to provide a duplicate.
If you are unable to locate your vaccine record through https://wa.myir.net/ or get assistance through the Department of Health, check with your primary care provider. They have access to your immunization record and may be able to help. The state has also released a document with additional information on accepted proof of vaccinations.
All Washington residents 16 and older are currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Go to covidbi.timetap.com
- Read the instructions on the homepage, then click next
- Select the Commodore Clinic as your location
- DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT CHIMACUM, UNLESS YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF JEFFERSON COUNTY
- Select COVID-19 First Dose (Bainbridge Islan)
- Select your desired appointment date and time
- Complete Your Information section and verify that you have entered the correct email and phone number
- SAVE your request
- Additional instructions on booking an appointment are available here: Booking your first appointment - TimeTap Client Booking - TimeTap Documentation (atlassian.net)
If you know of eligible individuals living on Bainbridge Island who do not have internet access or email, the Senior Community Center and Island Volunteer Caregivers will help make an appointment. Please contact the Senior Center at 206-842-1616 or Island Volunteer Caregivers at 206-842-4441 for more information.
We will review your request before confirming your appointment. PLEASE do not show up at the Senior Center or Commodore Options School without confirmation of your appointment (an email confirmation will be sent to the email you provide upon registration).
Our vaccine clinics are largely supported by City of Bainbridge Island emergency management volunteers. We have activated our Medical Reserve Corps, Community Emergency Response Team, Bainbridge Island Emergency Medical Responders and other general emergency management volunteers to support this effort. We could not offer this resource to our community without their help.
There has been an overwhelming amount of phone calls and emails to all partners involved in the vaccine distribution on Bainbridge Island. We ask that you please do not email or call the City, Bainbridge Island Fire Department, Bainbridge Prepares, Community Pharmacy, Member Plus Family Health or Virginia Mason to check your eligibility. Thank you for your understanding.
- Am I eligible to receive the vaccine?
- How do I get vaccinated?
- Which vaccine is available on Bainbridge Island?
- How much does the vaccine cost?
- Is there a waitlist?
- Do I still need to wear my mask after I am vaccinated?
- Why don’t some providers currently have vaccines?
- When will providers know if they will be receiving vaccines?
- Can I get vaccinated if I’m not a current patient of the Bainbridge Island providers?
- Do I have to go to the same provider for my second shot of the COVID vaccine?