COVID-19 Vaccine Information
NOTE: This website will be updated every Monday at noon with information on current vaccine availability on Bainbridge Island.
The City of Bainbridge Island, in partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department and Bainbridge Prepares, is coordinating with Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy on COVID-19 vaccine distribution. As of Feb. 28, this partnership has supported the vaccination of approximately 5,000 eligible Phase 1A and 1B.1 individuals from Kitsap and surrounding counties.
**Update: March 1, 9:00 a.m.**
The Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy is receiving first doses of both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines this week. Our vaccine clinics will be open to people who qualify under Phase 1a or Phase 1b, Tier 1. We are reserving a portion of our appointments for people who do not have internet, are not able to use an online registration form, or have other barriers to getting vaccinated.
- Moderna Vaccines:
- The Moderna vaccines will be used to support a closed clinic at the Senior Center that will serve eligible individuals without internet access or email. Additionally, the Moderna vaccines will be used for mobile clinics that are serving adult family homes and other senior congregate living facilities on Bainbridge Island and in Kitsap County. If you or someone you know is unable to visit one of our clinics in-person and needs assistance from this mobile team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pfizer vaccines:
- The Pfizer vaccines will be made available at two high-throughput clinics on Saturday, March 6 and Sunday, March 7 at Woodward Middle School. To give patients more opportunities to book an appointment, appointment slots for these two clinics will be released today in batches at noon, 3:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m. Sign up online at https://covidbi.timetap.com You can pre-register and enter your details on Timetap to save time once the appointments are open. We expect appointments to fill very quickly. Demand for vaccination remains very high and appointments are limited.
- For general inquiries or questions, please email email@example.com.
Important Information for the Woodward Middle School Clinics
Vaccine Clinic Location
- Woodward Middle School
- 9125 Sportsman Club Rd NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- Note - Vaccine clinics will be held on weekends only. Please do not visit Woodward Middle School on non-clinic days or call the school or School District for vaccine related information
What to Wear
- Please bring a warm coat or jacket since we are expecting cold weather and the entire clinic operation is outside.
- Please wear a shirt with short or no sleeves as a base layer so our vaccinators can easily access your upper arm.
What to Bring
- ID Card or Drivers License
- Medicare Card and any supplemental insurance Card
- For a faster registration process, we encourage you to print and complete the Pfizer Vaccine Screening Form and bring it with you; it will help us get you registered as quickly as possible.
Where to Park
- General parking is available in the South Lot of Woodward Middle School
- Limited alternate parking is available for individuals unable to walk without assistance. Let our parking lot volunteers know if you have mobility concerns and we will route you to a closer parking space after you arrive at the South Lot.
- There will be limited wheelchairs onsite, but if you have your own, please bring it.
Other Important Information
- Patients who are getting vaccinated should bring no more than one person to accompany them. Additional people will be turned away.
- Please show up no more than 15 minutes early for your appointment. Early arrivals will be asked to wait in the parking lot.
- Patients will be required to wait on site 15 - 30 minutes after their vaccine for observation.
Member Plus Family Health is receiving Pfizer vaccines this week
Member Plus Family Health will also be offering appointments for first dose Pfizer vaccines on Friday, Saturday, Sunday (March 5th-7th) for those who are eligible under Phase 1a and Phase 1b, Tier 1 only. They will release appointments on the morning of Tuesday, March 2, https://vaccinempfh.timetap.com For anyone having trouble navigating the registration site, please reach out to Laurie@memberplus.md For further details and location of clinic go to www.memberplusfamilyhealth.com
**Update: Feb. 26, 8:45 p.m.**
Bainbridge Island to open registration for first-dose COVID-19 vaccine appointments next week
We are delighted to announce that Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy will provide 1,170 first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine next week to people who qualify under Phase 1a or Phase 1b, Tier 1. Appointments are required.
We will release appointments for next week on the morning of Monday, March 1 at https://covidbi.timetap.com
Please pre-register and enter all your details this weekend on the appointment website to save time once the appointments are open.
We will issue a Nixle alert on Monday morning when appointments are open.
**Feb 19, 11:00 AM Update**
The Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy is not receiving any first doses next week. There will be no new appointments available through February 28. We will provide an update on Monday, March 1 once we know vaccine availability for that week.
We understand the frustration of trying to get a COVID-19 vaccine appointment on Bainbridge Island – we are frustrated, too. The simple fact is that the vaccine supply remains limited.
Kitsap County is only receiving 1.9% of the state’s allocation, and providers on Bainbridge have received anywhere from 100 to 500 doses per week; and some weeks we have not received any doses. We continue to advocate for Bainbridge Island and request 1,000 doses each week from the State Department of Health (DOH).
Washington state experts host webinar on COVID-19 vaccine phases
The Washington State Department of Health hosted an online event Feb. 18 to discuss the phasing and rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in our state.
The webinar, "Understanding WA's COVID-19 Vaccine Phases," featured Umair A. Shah, MD, MPH, secretary of health; SheAnne Allen, COVID-19 vaccine director; and Dr. Christopher Chen, medical director - Medicaid, Health Care Authority.
The conversation was moderated by Louis Shackelford, HIV Vaccine Trials Network project manager at Fred Hutch.
Who can get an appointment?
As of Jan. 18, 2021, Washington State is in Phase 1B-Tier 1 of the state COVID-19 vaccine allocation prioritization plan. You can get the vaccine if:
- You are 65 or older
- You are 50 or older and live in a multigenerational household (home where individuals from two or more generations live, such as an elder and a grandchild)
- If you qualify for a first dose under the multigenerational category, you must be 50 years or older AND living with and caring for someone who is not your child. Please indicate in the eligibility part of the vaccination application how you are eligible.
- You were eligible within Phase 1a
- Healthcare workers
- Emergency responders
- People who live or work in long-term care facilities
Go to FindYourPhaseWA.org to confirm your eligibility and choose from a list of vaccine providers.
How to book an appointment
- Go to covidbi.timetap.com
- Read the instructions on the home page, then click next
- Select the Bainbridge Island Senior Center as your location
- DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT CHIMACUM, UNLESS YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF JEFFERSON COUNTY
- Select COVID-19 First Dose (Bainbridge)
- Select Moderna Vaccination Sessions (First Dose)
- Select your desired appointment date and time
- Complete Your Information section and verify that you have entered the correct email and phone number
- SAVE your request
- Additional instructions on booking an appointment are available here: Booking your first appointment - TimeTap Client Booking - TimeTap Documentation (atlassian.net)
- If you know of eligible individuals living on Bainbridge Island who do not have internet access or email, the Senior Community Center and Island Volunteer Caregivers will help make an appointment. Please contact the Senior Center at 206-842-1616 or Island Volunteer Caregivers at 206-842-4441 for more information.
- We will review your request before confirming your appointment. PLEASE do not show up at the Senior Center or Woodward Middle School without confirmation of your appointment (an email confirmation will be sent to the email you provide upon registration).
It is important to understand that there are more residents on Bainbridge Island eligible in Phase 1b, Tier 1 than vaccine currently available. If you do not get an appointment at the Senior Center when appointments are announced, continue to monitor this City vaccine webpage and the Kitsap County vaccine webpage at kcowa.us/vaccine for updates. We are diligently working on behalf of the community to acquire more vaccines. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Our vaccine clinics are largely supported by City of Bainbridge Island emergency management volunteers. We have activated our Medical Reserve Corps, Community Emergency Response Team, Bainbridge Island Emergency Medical Responders, and other general emergency management volunteers to support this effort. We could not offer this resource to our community without their help.
Current Vaccine Availability on Bainbridge Island
Eligible vaccine providers will continue to request additional doses and will schedule clinics when available. Below are the state-approved vaccine providers on Bainbridge Island:
- Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy (updated 3/1/2021)
- The Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy received first dose vaccines available for appointments during the week of March 1 (see full update at the top of this webpage).
- If the Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy receives additional vaccines next week, information on scheduling an appointment will be posted on this page and an alert will be sent through the City's Nixle emergency notification system. Sign up for Nixle by texting 98110 to 888777 or online at nixle.com.
- Member Plus Family Health (updated 3/1/2021)
- Member Plus Family Health is offering appointments for first dose Pfizer vaccines on Friday, Saturday, Sunday (March 5th-7th) for those who are eligible under Phase 1a and Phase 1b, Tier 1 only. They will release appointments on the morning of Tuesday, March 2, https://vaccinempfh.timetap.com
- For anyone having trouble navigating the registration site, please reach out to Laurie@memberplus.md
- For further details and location of clinic go to www.memberplusfamilyhealth.com.
- Safeway Bainbridge Island (updated 2/24/2021)
- Safeway Bainbridge Island Pharmacy has begun receiving vaccines. Additional information is available here: https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html?icmpid=swy_yxt_r6_covc_ih.
- Virginia Mason (updated 2/1/2021)
- Virginia Mason Bainbridge Island is not scheduling any new appointments for COVID vaccinations. They will honor current appointments scheduled throughout February and coordinate second dose appointments for individuals they have already vaccinated.
The CHI Franciscan and Swedish clinics on Bainbridge Island are not expected to provide COVID vaccinations at this time. CHI Franciscan’s Silverdale clinic is taking appointments for eligible individuals. You don't need to be a CHI patient. Additional information is available here: https://www.chifranciscan.org/patients-and-visitors/covid-19/form/form-response.html
Once appointments are available, the Bainbridge Island Senior Center will assist individuals without access to the internet or a computer with the registration process. Additionally, Island Volunteer Caregivers will assist with transportation for individuals who need assistance getting to a vaccine clinic.
There has been an overwhelming amount of phone calls and emails to all partners involved in the vaccine distribution on Bainbridge Island. We ask that you please do not email or call the City, Bainbridge Island Fire Department, Bainbridge Prepares, Community Pharmacy, Member Plus Family Health, or Virginia Mason to check your eligibility. That information is available online through the state Phase Finder tool at FindYourPhaseWA.org. There is NO community waitlist for future phases. Thank you for your understanding.
- Am I eligible to receive the vaccine?
- How do I get vaccinated?
- Which vaccine is available on Bainbridge Island?
- How much does the vaccine cost?
- Is there a waitlist?
- Do I still need to wear my mask after I am vaccinated?
- Why don’t some providers currently have vaccines?
- When will providers know if they will be receiving vaccines?
- Can I get vaccinated if I’m not a current patient of the Bainbridge Island providers?
- Do I have to go to the same provider for my second shot of the COVID vaccine?