COVID-19 Vaccine Information
NOTE: This website will be updated every Monday at noon with information on current vaccine availability on Bainbridge Island.
The City of Bainbridge Island, in partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department and Bainbridge Prepares, is coordinating with Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy on COVID-19 vaccine distribution. As of Feb. 19, this partnership has supported the vaccination of approximately 2,100 eligible Phase 1A and 1B.1 individuals from Kitsap and surrounding counties.
**Update: Feb. 26, 8:45 p.m.**
Bainbridge Island to open registration for first-dose COVID-19 vaccine appointments next week
We are delighted to announce that Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy will provide 1,170 first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine next week to people who qualify under Phase 1a or Phase 1b, Tier 1. Appointments are required.
We will release appointments for next week on the morning of Monday, March 1 at https://covidbi.timetap.com
Please pre-register and enter all your details this weekend on the appointment website to save time once the appointments are open.
We will issue a Nixle alert on Monday morning when appointments are open.
**Feb 19, 11:00 AM Update**
The Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy is not receiving any first doses next week. There will be no new appointments available through February 28. We will provide an update on Monday, March 1 once we know vaccine availability for that week.
We understand the frustration of trying to get a COVID-19 vaccine appointment on Bainbridge Island – we are frustrated, too. The simple fact is that the vaccine supply remains limited.
Kitsap County is only receiving 1.9% of the state’s allocation, and providers on Bainbridge have received anywhere from 100 to 500 doses per week; and some weeks we have not received any doses. We continue to advocate for Bainbridge Island and request 1,000 doses each week from the State Department of Health (DOH).
Washington state experts host webinar on COVID-19 vaccine phases
The Washington State Department of Health hosted an online event Feb. 18 to discuss the phasing and rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in our state.
The webinar, "Understanding WA's COVID-19 Vaccine Phases," featured Umair A. Shah, MD, MPH, secretary of health; SheAnne Allen, COVID-19 vaccine director; and Dr. Christopher Chen, medical director - Medicaid, Health Care Authority.
The conversation was moderated by Louis Shackelford, HIV Vaccine Trials Network project manager at Fred Hutch.
Who can get an appointment?
As of Jan. 18, 2021, Washington State is in Phase 1B-Tier 1 of the state COVID-19 vaccine allocation prioritization plan. You can get the vaccine if:
- You are 65 or older
- You are 50 or older and live in a multigenerational household (home where individuals from two or more generations live, such as an elder and a grandchild)
- If you qualify for a first dose under the multigenerational category, you must be 50 years or older AND living with and caring for someone who is not your child. Please indicate in the eligibility part of the vaccination application how you are eligible.
- You were eligible within Phase 1a
- Healthcare workers
- Emergency responders
- People who live or work in long-term care facilities
Go to FindYourPhaseWA.org to confirm your eligibility and choose from a list of vaccine providers.
How to book an appointment
- Go to covidbi.timetap.com
- Read the instructions on the home page, then click next
- Select the Bainbridge Island Senior Center as your location
- DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT CHIMACUM, UNLESS YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF JEFFERSON COUNTY
- Select COVID-19 First Dose (Bainbridge)
- Select Moderna Vaccination Sessions (First Dose)
- Select your desired appointment date and time
- Complete Your Information section and verify that you have entered the correct email and phone number
- SAVE your request
- Additional instructions on booking an appointment are available here: Booking your first appointment - TimeTap Client Booking - TimeTap Documentation (atlassian.net)
- If you know of eligible individuals living on Bainbridge Island who do not have internet access or email, the Senior Community Center and Island Volunteer Caregivers will help make an appointment. Please contact the Senior Center at 206-842-1616 or Island Volunteer Caregivers at 206-842-4441 for more information.
- We will review your request before confirming your appointment. PLEASE do not show up at the Senior Center without confirmation of your appointment (an email confirmation will be sent to the email you provide upon registration).
It is important to understand that there are more residents on Bainbridge Island eligible in Phase 1b, Tier 1 than vaccine currently available. If you do not get an appointment at the Senior Center when appointments are announced, continue to monitor this City vaccine webpage and the Kitsap County vaccine webpage at kcowa.us/vaccine for updates. We are diligently working on behalf of the community to acquire more vaccines. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Our vaccine clinics are largely supported by City of Bainbridge Island emergency management volunteers. We have activated our Medical Reserve Corps, Community Emergency Response Team, Bainbridge Island Emergency Medical Responders, and other general emergency management volunteers to support this effort. We could not offer this resource to our community without their help.
Current Vaccine Availability on Bainbridge Island
Eligible vaccine providers will continue to request additional doses and will schedule clinics when available. Below are the state-approved vaccine providers on Bainbridge Island:
- Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy (updated 2/16/2021)
- The Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy received first dose vaccines available for appointments during the week of February 15.
- As of 9:00 a.m. on February 16, all appointments for this week have been booked.
- If the Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy receives additional vaccines next week, information on scheduling an appointment will be posted on this page and an alert will be sent through the City's Nixle emergency notification system. Sign up for Nixle by texting 98110 to 888777 or online at nixle.com.
- Member Plus Family Health (updated 2/8/2021)
- As the availability of vaccines improves, we will update our website with information about online scheduling for vaccination of the general public. Additional information is available here: https://www.memberplusfamilyhealth.com/
- Safeway Bainbridge Island (updated 2/8/2021)
- Safeway Bainbridge Island Pharmacy will begin receiving vaccines. Additional information is available here: https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html?icmpid=swy_yxt_r6_covc_ih
- Virginia Mason (updated 2/1/2021)
- Virginia Mason Bainbridge Island is not scheduling any new appointments for COVID vaccinations. They will honor current appointments scheduled throughout February and coordinate second dose appointments for individuals they have already vaccinated.
The CHI Franciscan and Swedish clinics on Bainbridge Island are not expected to provide COVID vaccinations at this time. CHI Franciscan’s Silverdale clinic is taking appointments for eligible individuals. You don't need to be a CHI patient. Additional information is available here: https://www.chifranciscan.org/patients-and-visitors/covid-19/form/form-response.html
Once appointments are available, the Bainbridge Island Senior Center will assist individuals without access to the internet or a computer with the registration process. Additionally, Island Volunteer Caregivers will assist with transportation for individuals who need assistance getting to a vaccine clinic.
There has been an overwhelming amount of phone calls and emails to all partners involved in the vaccine distribution on Bainbridge Island. We ask that you please do not email or call the City, Bainbridge Island Fire Department, Bainbridge Prepares, Community Pharmacy, Member Plus Family Health, or Virginia Mason to check your eligibility. That information is available online through the state Phase Finder tool at FindYourPhaseWA.org. There is NO community waitlist for future phases. Thank you for your understanding.
- Am I eligible to receive the vaccine?
- How do I get vaccinated?
- Which vaccine is available on Bainbridge Island?
- How much does the vaccine cost?
- Is there a waitlist?
- Do I still need to wear my mask after I am vaccinated?
- Why don’t some providers currently have vaccines?
- When will providers know if they will be receiving vaccines?
- Can I get vaccinated if I’m not a current patient of the Bainbridge Island providers?
- Do I have to go to the same provider for my second shot of the COVID vaccine?