Comcast Cable TV Franchise Agreement
City to host Dec. 14 online meeting to discuss Comcast Cable TV services
The City will host an online meeting to discuss Comcast cable television services at 6 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 14. The meeting was initially scheduled for Nov. 18 but was rescheduled due to an extensive power outage on the island.
We’re seeking input on the cable television services provided by Comcast on Bainbridge Island, as part of a franchise agreement renewal process. If you are a City resident or the owner of a business located on Bainbridge Island, please join us for the Zoom meeting to share your thoughts.
The purpose of the Dec. 14 meeting is to hear the community’s views on the cable television service they receive from Comcast to help the City understand the needs of the community as the City reviews Comcast’s franchise agreement.
The online meeting will include a presentation from the City’s consultant team, River Oaks Communications Corporation, on current cable communications policies and the Cable TV franchise renewal process.
How to watch and participate:
- Zoom (Webinar ID: 948 9698 0773):
- To join the meeting on Zoom and participate in the discussion, please use this link (registration is not required): https://bainbridgewa.zoom.us/j/94896980773
- Join by telephone: Dial +1 253-215-8782
Under state and federal law, the City is authorized to grant a franchise for the construction, operation, and maintenance of cable television systems within the boundaries of the City.
A cable television franchise agreement is a legal agreement between the City and Comcast that is required by state and federal law. The agreement allows Comcast access to the City’s rights of way to deliver its services, and the franchise addresses other issues such as access to public educational and governmental access channels, non-discriminatory rates for customers, permitting, notice requirements before digging in the right of way, and payment of applicable costs and fees.
In June 2016, the City granted Comcast a franchise for its cable television system located within the City. The 2016 franchise agreement is set to expire in June 2021. The City has begun negotiations with Comcast to renew the franchise for a new term.
Important dates & public participation
- July 28, 2020: Presentation to City Council (overview of process)
- July 30 to Sept. 30, 2020: A community web survey opened July 30 and closed Sept. 30. Read the results here.
- Dec. 14, 2020: Zoom meeting; 6 p.m.
- Q1/Q2 2021: City Council consideration of proposed franchise
- What is a franchise agreement?
- What benefits do residents receive from the current franchise agreement?
- Cable prices vary significantly between Bainbridge Island and other areas of the country. What can the City do to reduce this variation?
- What can the City do to improve the quality of cable services provided by Comcast?
- What is the City doing to foster competition among cable companies operating on Bainbridge Island?
- Does the franchise agreement address tree trimming?
- Does the franchise agreement address broadband internet access service offered by Comcast?