RIGHT-OF-WAY USE PERMIT
- Right-of-Way Permit Application, signed
- Cost Estimate of ROW Work (if more than $1,500.00, surety bond is required)
- Site Plan – Working scale, shows location of work, name & width of streets & the relative position of proposed work to existing utilities
- Traffic Control Plan (TCP)
- Traffic Impact Form (TIF) – For any projects impacting traffic. - This form is used to update our Traffic Notification Webpage; so please use terms for the general public to view, i.e., not technical terms.
- Certificate of Liability Insurance – Proof of insurance with the COBI listed as additional insured (ACORD Form)
- Surety Bond – Required if cost estimate of work performed within the ROW is >$1,500.00. Bond must be for 125% of the cost estimate. See ROW Restoration Performance Bond under "Related Documents"
- Pay for your permit online using link below:
• Note: PayGov.US which assesses a 3.0% convenience fee on all credit/debit card transactions
- Select "Make a Payment", top right
- Select State, City
- Select Transaction: Right-of-Way Permit
- Follow instructions;
- For ROW Type; select applicable type per permit: Type, A, B1, C, D; see permit for associated types.
- Additionally, you can call our Front Desk for payment over the phone at 206.842.7633.
- Note: It's recommended to submit all documents in one email, including proof of payment. Notate payment receipt # on application. Submit application and all required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approval is generally within 10-workings days; at which time you will receive an approval email.
- Issuance - Applicant must request issuance using the first start day of work and submit an update of their beginning and ending traffic impact dates.
- Inspection Request - Permittee must request first inspection upon construction completion by emailing email@example.com or calling 206.842.2016.
- Final Inspection -12 Month Bond Release -After one year has elapsed from the initial inspection date, a final inspection will be needed prior to bond release.
Engineering & Water Resources
280 Madison Ave. N
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- After Hours & Emergencies: Call 911
- Report Pollution (Kitsap1) - 360.337.5777
- Call Before you Dig - Call 811
If you have a public works emergency after hours, that threatens public health, safety, or the environment such as a sewer spill, loss of water pressure, flooding, downed stop sign, or downed tree in the City’s Right-of-Way, call 911. CenCom at 911 will contact our emergency personnel for response.
BIMC Chapter 15.12 - Right-of-Way Use
See link below for more background information: