Kitsap County Grant Recommendation Cmte (Capital)
Grant Recommendation Committee – Capital (GRC-Capital)
LocationNorm Dicks Government Center, Bremerton
Job SummaryAct as part of a committee to provide input on the funding process and to make funding recommendations, according to the needs of the community, to the Board of County Commissioners for their approval. Review housing, capital improvement, and economic development and play an integral part in the allocation of federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) funds.
(see Time Commitment below for dates)
- Participate in training.
- Review and score all applications and conduct applicant interviews.
- Actively participate with other GRC members in prioritizing projects for use of CDBG and HOME funds.
- With technical guidance from staff, develop funding recommendations.
Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Resides in the Central Kitsap area of Kitsap County including the City of Bremerton or
- Resides in the South Kitsap area of Kitsap County including the City of Port Orchard or
- Resides in the North Kitsap area of Kitsap County including the Cities of Bainbridge Island and Poulsbo
- Affordable housing - Construction or project management - Mortgage lending - Housing development - Economic development -
- Real estate – Architecture - Finance and Accounting - Grant administration - Project Management - Regulatory Compliance -
- Practical Experience with HUD regulations
Must be willing to participate in all activities relevant to the role of the GRC.
TrainingKitsap County Block Grant staff will provide training and ongoing technical assistance.
Provide input on priorities and process improvements and develop a recommendation for the Board of County Commissioners and Bremerton City Council within the Grant Program guidelines.
- GRC Training – August 2 (3 hours)
- Review applications – August (15-20 hours)
- Agency interviews and GRC Funding Deliberations –
August 31st – September 1st (2 days)
Please contact Bonnie Tufts, Block Grant Manager, Kitsap County Dept of Human Services, by email at email@example.com or by phone 360-337-4606.