Kitsap Public Facilities District
Serve as member of Board of Directors of the Kitsap Public Facilities District (KPFD), a Washington State municipal corporation, an independent taxing “authority” and a “taxing district” as described in RCW 36.100. KPFD is responsible for building, improving and operating sports, recreation, entertainment and conference facilities in Kitsap County. Board members are appointed to four-year, renewable terms by the Kitsap County Board of Commissioners and serve without compensation.
- Govern and provide general oversight of the KPFD, as well as the public facilities projects developed and/or funded by KPFD;
- Hold public meetings on current and proposed public facilities projects;
- Play an integral part in developing ways to pay for the KPFD public facilities projects;
- Provide financial oversight of KPFD funding used for construction, maintenance and operation of public facilities projects;
- Solicit ideas, information and recommendations about the need for community facilities, the types of facilities needed, and the availability of existing facilities;
- Explore and develop opportunities for public and private partnerships and potential sources and mechanisms for funding recommended community facilities;
- Delegate day-to-day operations of the KPFD to the Administrator; and,
- Annually evaluate work of the Administrator.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be well-versed in community needs currently existing in Kitsap County.
- Must be willing to participate in all activities relevant to the role of a Public Facilities District board member.
- Background and interest in economic development and/or recreation and sports organizations is preferred.
The KPFD board meets as frequently as necessary to effectively and efficiently serve its purposes, but shall meet at least monthly.
For more information, contact Volunteer Services & Communications Coordinator Rebecca Pirtle at email@example.com.