Sustainable Transportation Planning Study
In 2019, the City Council expressed support in providing a transportation system (streets, transit, trails, etc.) that improves mobility and safety for all users while respecting the character of neighborhoods and maintaining a climate resilient environment. The initiative, which became known as the Sustainable Transportation Plan, will establish the long-range vision for how we travel on the island. In addition, the Council determined that the Sustainable Transportation project should result in a transportation system that supports the overriding goal of the City’s upcoming Climate Action Plan: to reduce carbon emissions on Bainbridge Island by 90% by 2040.
Additional goals identified by the Council include:
- Present a unifying vision for the future of transportation on Bainbridge Island;
- Create a holistic, inclusive definition of sustainable mobility with suite of solutions;
- Integrate the island’s transportation and land use visions;
- Complete missing links and make first/last mile connections;
- Build a toolbox of facility types and solutions tailored to people of all ages and abilities and the island’s unique contexts; and
- Demonstrate transparent decision-making based on community values, with a clear link to implementation planning, investments, and subsequent funding requests.
01/21/20 - Study Session - Consultant Presentation
12/10/19 - Business Meeting - Consultant award and budget amendment.
11/19/19 - Study Session - Presentation on best practices, scope, schedule, and budget.
08/06/19 - Study Session - Goal setting discussion.
07/09/19 - Business Meeting - Consultant Scope of Work contract
03/19/19 - Study Session - Requests for Qualification options discussion.
01/22/19 - Business Meeting - Requests for Qualification options discussion.
Title VI Notification: The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Those requiring disability accommodations, please contact the City Clerk at 206-842-2545, or email.
HOW TO STAY
Please encourage your
neighbors and fellow
commuters to sign up for
project notifications via
"Notify Me" to receive
Select "Sustainable Transportation Planning Study"
from the list.