Sustainable Transportation Planning Study
Sustainable Transportation Education Session #2
Adopting Sustainable Transportation Principles to Bainbridge
Friday, January 22, 2021 (9-10:30 am)
This is the second of four educational sessions for the Sustainable Transportation Task Force members and others to learn more about issues related to sustainable transportation. The public is invited to watch but there will be no public comment and the Council will make no decisions. Topics include:
- Green Infrastructure and protecting the rural character of the Island
- Bainbridge-specific challenges: hills, rain, and darkness.
- Safety and comfort for everyone.
Please click this URL to join. https://bainbridgewa.zoom.us/j/97230775147
Or join by phone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
Webinar ID: 972 3077 5147
International numbers available: https://bainbridgewa.zoom.us/u/adhWZ48Iec
- On January 15, the Sustainable Transportation Task Force hosted the first of four educational sessions. Education Session #1 presented some principles of sustainable transportation with a facilitated discussion among Task Force members. Watch the January 15 session here.
- On December 18, the City hosted a Sustainable Transportation Task Force meeting. At that meeting, the Task Force discussed the Gap Analysis, which identifies gaps in the transportation infrastructure, policies, and programs. The next steps for the Task Force are to help identify those projects, policies, and programs. Task Force members also reviewed the proposed Evaluation Framework that will score identified projects and programs based on community values. Watch the December 18 meeting here. The next Task Force meeting is scheduled for February 26th.
- The City hosted a Technical Advisory Team meeting also on December 18 to review findings of the gap analysis and to introduce the evaluation framework approach. The Technical Advisory Team is composed of agency partners, including WSDOT, Washington State Ferries, PSE, Kitsap Transit, Bainbridge Island Metro Parks & Recreation District, and the Bainbridge Island School District.
In 2019, the City Council expressed support in providing a transportation system (streets, transit, trails, etc.) that improves mobility and safety for all users while respecting the character of neighborhoods and maintaining a climate resilient environment. The initiative, which became known as the Sustainable Transportation Plan, will establish the long-range vision for how we travel on the island. In addition, the Council determined that the Sustainable Transportation project should result in a transportation system that supports the overriding goal of the City’s upcoming Climate Action Plan: to reduce carbon emissions on Bainbridge Island by 90% by 2045.
Additional goals identified by the Council include:
- Present a unifying vision for the future of transportation on Bainbridge Island;
- Create a holistic, inclusive definition of sustainable mobility with suite of solutions;
- Integrate the island’s transportation and land use visions;
- Complete missing links and make first/last mile connections;
- Build a toolbox of facility types and solutions tailored to people of all ages and abilities and the island’s unique contexts; and
- Demonstrate transparent decision-making based on community values, with a clear link to implementation planning, investments, and subsequent funding requests.
|01/19/21||Study Session Update|
|10/20/20||Study Session Update|
|10/06/20||Study Session Update|
|09/15/20||Study Session Update|
|09/01/20||Study Session Update|
|07/07/20||Study Session Update|
|06/02/20||Study Session Update|
|03/03/20||Study Session Update|
|02/25/20||Business Meeting Update - Community Engagement Plan|
|02/04/20||Study Session Update|
|01/16/20||City Council Meeting - PSA|
|11/19/19||Study Session Update|
|03/19/19||Study Session Update - RFQ|
|Task Force Related Documents|
Next Meeting - February 26, 2021 (Agenda TBA)
|12/18/2020 - Task Force Meeting #5 - Virtual Meeting|
|Agenda --- Calendar Link||Video|
|10/23/2020 - Task Force Meeting #4 Virtual Meeting|
|Agenda --- Calendar Link||Video|
|09/25/2020 - Task Force Meeting #3 Virtual Meeting º|
° Joint Meeting with the Technical Advisory Team
|Agenda -- Calendar Link -||Video|
|08/20/2020 - Virtual Community Meeting|
|07/17/2020 - Task Force Meeting #2 Virtual Meeting|
|Draft Plans Goals, Desired Outcomes & Targets|
|02/28/2020 - Task Force Meeting #1 - City Hall|
|Agenda||Expectations & Ground Rules|
|Visual Work Plan||Engagement Plan|
|Final PSA Scope of Work|
|SUSTANABLE TRANSPORTATION EDUCATION SESSIONS|
|Session #1 - 1/15/21||Video|
|Session #2 - 1/22/21||Video (to be uploaded)|
Future phases of project.
Title VI Notification: The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Those requiring disability accommodations, please contact the City Clerk at 206-842-2545, or email.
HOW TO STAY
Please encourage your
neighbors and fellow
commuters to sign up for
project notifications via
"Notify Me" to receive
Select "Sustainable Transportation Planning Study"
from the list.