Sustainable Transportation Planning Study
- On Friday, September 25 at 9:30 AM, the city will host a Sustainable Transportation Task Force - Technical Advisory Team Virtual Joint Meeting. For agenda and more information, see calendar link here.
- Provide your input to Bainbridge Island’s first Sustainable Transportation Plan (STP)! Visit our online open house to learn more about the project, share the ways you move around Bainbridge Island, and suggest what is needed to make your trips even better. Learn more at: SustainableTransportationBl.com
- The STP team hosted a live virtual event Aug. 20 to provide an overview of the work so far and get input from the community. Watch the meeting here.
In 2019, the City Council expressed support in providing a transportation system (streets, transit, trails, etc.) that improves mobility and safety for all users while respecting the character of neighborhoods and maintaining a climate resilient environment. The initiative, which became known as the Sustainable Transportation Plan, will establish the long-range vision for how we travel on the island. In addition, the Council determined that the Sustainable Transportation project should result in a transportation system that supports the overriding goal of the City’s upcoming Climate Action Plan: to reduce carbon emissions on Bainbridge Island by 90% by 2045.
Additional goals identified by the Council include:
- Present a unifying vision for the future of transportation on Bainbridge Island;
- Create a holistic, inclusive definition of sustainable mobility with suite of solutions;
- Integrate the island’s transportation and land use visions;
- Complete missing links and make first/last mile connections;
- Build a toolbox of facility types and solutions tailored to people of all ages and abilities and the island’s unique contexts; and
- Demonstrate transparent decision-making based on community values, with a clear link to implementation planning, investments, and subsequent funding requests.
|09/15/20||Study Session Update|
|09/01/20||Study Session Update|
|07/07/20||Study Session Update|
|06/02/20||Study Session Update|
|03/03/20||Study Session Update|
|02/25/20||Business Meeting Update - Community Engagement Plan|
|02/04/20||Study Session Update|
|01/16/20||City Council Meeting - PSA|
|11/19/19||Study Session Update|
|03/19/19||Study Session Update - RFQ|
|09/25/2020 - Task Force Meeting #3 Virtual Meeting º|
° Joint Meeting with the Technical Advisory Team
|Agenda Calendar Link - Agenda|
|08/20/2020 - Virtual Community Meeting|
|07/17/2020 - Task Force Meeting #2 Virtual Meeting|
|Draft Plans Goals, Desired Outcomes & Targets|
|02/28/2020 - Task Force Meeting #1 - City Hall|
|Agenda||Expectations & Ground Rules|
|Visual Work Plan||Engagement Plan|
|Final PSA Scope of Work|
Future phases of project.
Title VI Notification: The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Those requiring disability accommodations, please contact the City Clerk at 206-842-2545, or email.
HOW TO STAY
Please encourage your
neighbors and fellow
commuters to sign up for
project notifications via
"Notify Me" to receive
Select "Sustainable Transportation Planning Study"
from the list.