Core 40 Miller Rd & Fletcher Bay Rd Shoulder Improvements
Overall Core 40 Program installs 40-miles of shoulder facilities Island-wide.
The Core 40 Miller Road & Fletcher Bay Shoulder Improvements includes installation of six-foot (5'-paved) shoulder improvements.
- Miller Road - from Tolo to Peterson Hill
- Fletcher Bay Road - from High School Road to New Brooklyn
- TRAFFIC IMPACTS: One lane with flaggers intermittently throughout duration of project.
- 11/12/18 thru 11/16th - Paving on Miller Road & Fletcher Bay Roads. Alternate routes advised as delays may be 20-minutes or longer.
- 10/23/18 - Shoulder grinding is expected to start on Tuesday, October 23th and continue till the end of the week. Road conditions will remain 1-lane with flaggers intermittently. It’s anticipated that paving will occur first week of November.
- 10/10/18: Trenching work to occur, traffic reduced to one-lane with flaggers.
- 9/10/18: Following resolution of the Local 302 Union strike last week; the City’s contractor is gearing up on getting subcontractors and suppliers back to work. It is anticipated that the Contractor will be fully mobilized by the 3rd week of September.
- 8/24/18 – The Core 40 Miller Fletcher Bay Road Shoulder Improvements project is on hold until further notice due to Local 302 strike
- Construction to Begin - See Press Release dated 08/09/18
- Construction Award: July 10, 2018
- Estimated Construction Start: Late Aug/Sept 2018
- Estimated Construction Completion: November 2018
Advertisement to Bid
October 25, 2016 - City Council approved design award
February 16, 2016 - Resolution 2016-07 accepting Federal Highway Transportation grant
Select "NOTIFY ME" to subscribe to project notifications.
The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Those requiring disability accommodations and/or materials made available in alternate formats, please contact the City Clerk at 206.842.2545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.