MADISON - NEW BROOKLYN FORCE MAIN
PHASE 1 - New Brooklyn Gravity Sewer Main Extension
In December 2015, the City Council was presented with a "Sewer Pre-design Study" prepared by Parametrix regarding sewer capacity for the existing basin which also included recommendations for new improvements. The study shared that the New Brooklyn sewer basin consists of the City's sewer system that flows from the North Town pump station to the discharge manhole on Madison Avenue North, just north of NE High School Road.
Exceeding System Capacity
The Department of Ecology planning-level flow factors indicate that current conditions marginally exceed the system capacity, but forecast flows well exceed system capacity. The study recommended to increase capacity and the conceptual recommendations are to split the system into two areas, namely North Town and Madrona/Madison.
Based on estimated planning flows in these two-sub basins, the four phases of construction for the recommended improvements include:
- New gravity sewer force main on New Brooklyn
- New higher capacity Madrona pump station
- New larger force main along Madison Avenue North
- Upgrades to North Town pump station
- Excavation will begin on New Brooklyn Road near Three Tree Lane on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. There will be intermittent road closures in both directions with delays up to 15 minutes. Travelers are advised to use alternative routes.
- Construction Award - August 22, 2017
❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
Phase 2 - Madison Avenue North New Force Main
- 90% Design
Select “NOTIFY ME” to subscribe to project notifications and select this project.
Title VI: The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statues in all programs and activities. Those requiring disability accommodations, please contact the City Clerk at 206-842-2545 or by email.