Infrastructure Ballot Measure Task Force
- 1st Wednesday of the month, 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- Council Conference Room, City Hall (unless otherwise noticed)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Both are available in the Agenda Center listed alphabetically by citizen advisory group name.
View All Agendas and Minutes
The City Council has created an Infrastructure Ballot Measure Task Force for the purpose of developing and delivering to the City Council the best recommendations possible for an infrastructure ballot measure, which means a ballot measure that includes funding for both Island-wide non-motorized improvements and some version of a Town Square project.
Council’s expectation is that the recommendation(s) of the Task Force will include around $15,000,000 for NMT improvements and that the MMTAC will take the lead role in defining what is included in the NMT portion of the Infrastructure Ballot Measure. The Task Force will recommend a preferred way to fund this combined project, which may include some combination of voter approved funds (bonds or a levy lid lift), creation of a Local Improvement District, and City General Fund support.
The Task Force’s main duties are to develop and recommend to Council (A) one or more preferred alternatives for the Town Square Project with cost estimates and (B) one or more preferred alternatives for an Infrastructure Ballot Measure that includes funding for both the NMT improvements provided by the MMTAC and the Town Square Project.
The Task Force will be comprised of:
- Two members of the Multi-Modal Transportation Advisory Committee
- Three Bainbridge business reps – including at least two from the Downtown business community
- Two cultural organization reps – BPA; Bainbridge Historical Society
- Two Farmers Market reps
- Two civic organization reps – Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis, etc.
- Five at-large community reps
- Two local architectural firm reps
The work plan is:
- Completion and delivery of report TBD
- One or more charrettes facilitated by a retained planning consultant
- Summary of work and opinion regarding community support and further public process
- Prioritized list of non-motorized projects (provided by MMTAC)
- Prioritized concepts for Town Square (short term and long term)
- Recommendations on total funding package and mechanisms