Affordable Housing Task Force
The Affordable Housing Task Force held their last meeting on July 11, 2018. Their final report (below) was approved at that time.
To receive notifications on this issue and agendas for any future meetings, sign up for the Affordable Housing Task Force listserv.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- City Council Instructions to Affordable Housing Task Force (PDF)
- 2016 Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- 2016 Comprehensive Plan Housing Element (PDF)
- Joe Tovar Memo to Planning Commission on Housing Element (PDF)
- 2016 Kitsap County Homelessness Report (PDF)
- 2018 Bremerton-Silverdale MSA HUD Median Income Limit (PDF)
- 2017 Bremerton-Silverdale MSA HUD Median Income Limit (PDF)
- Community Housing Coalition Final Report (December 2007) (PDF)
- AWC/MSRC Homelessness and Housing Toolkit (PDF)
- Puget Sound Regional Council Housing Innovations Program
- 2017 Housing Affordability Response Team Recommendations (PDF)
- Washington State Legislature RCW on Multifamily Property Tax Exemption MRSC Affordable Housing; Multifamily Property Tax Exemption
- Puget Sound Regional Council HIP Tool; Multifamily Tax Exemption
- Puget Sound Regional Council HIP Featured Tool Multifamily Tax Exemption (PDF)
- Alliance for Housing Affordability Multifamily Tax Exemption2008 Nexus Study
The Affordable Housing Task Force will consider the revised Housing Element and make specific recommendations to the Council for near-term action.
The work plan for the Task Force will include review of affordable housing-related materials that have been generated by or for the City in recent years, review of relevant resource material, and review of the goals and policies of our current Comprehensive Plan. The Task Force will then decide on detailed work necessary to deliver to the Council specific recommendations, including but not limited to recommended changes to City zoning codes and regulations, which would most effectively advance the stated goals of the Comprehensive Plan.
The Task Force will be asked to deliver its report to the Council in Q2, 2018. The Task Force will be dissolved upon acceptance of its report by the Council.
Affordable Housing Task Force Members
- Emma Aubrey (Former Member)
- William Booth (Former Member)
- Jeffrey Brown (Former Member)
- Stephen Deines
- Phedra Elliott
- Sharon Gilpin
- Stuart Grogan
- Edward Kushner
- Ann Lovejoy
- Bill Luria
- Pegeen Mulhern
- Althea Paulson, Chair
- David Shorett
- Charlie Wenzlau
- Sarah Blossom, City Council Liaison
- Lesley Schneider, City Council Liaison
- William Chester, Planning Commission Liaison
- Jennifer Sutton, Senior City Planner