Historic Preservation Commission
- First Thursday of every month, 2:00 - 4:00 PM
- Council Conference Room, City Hall (unless otherwise noticed)
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. They may be found in the Committee Agenda Center.
2017 Work Plan
2016 Annual Report
On July 7, 2004, the city received its approval to be a Certified Local Government (CLG) under a program managed by the National Park Service and the Washington State Office of Historic Preservation.
As a CLG, the commission is able to provide technical assistance to owners of historic properties and to create a local register of historic properties with the approval of the property owner. The commission will also review any Bainbridge Island applications to the National Historic register.
In-person information about the Historic Preservation Commission and how to apply for the register is available from the Planning Department.
The Commission continues to work closely with the Historical Society in all activities and the Society is an invaluable resource for the Commission.
Historic Preservation Resources
- Federal tax Incentives for Historic Preservation
- Historic preservation and restoration books available from:
- National Park Services Preservation Briefs
- National Park Service Technical Notes on Historic Preservation
- Preservation contractors and suppliers
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- Washington State Department of Archaeology and History
- Bainbridge Island Draft Historical Signage Program
- 2015 Historic Preservation Commission Annual Work Plan
- Ordinance 2013-18 Comprehensive Plan Amendment: Historic Preservation Introduction, Goals and Policies
- 2017 Bainbridge Island Historic Resources Report
- Historic Property Register