Seeking Volunteers - Apply Now
Applications are due by 4 p.m. on Monday, April 29. Applicants must be available mid-May – early June for interviews.
- Third Monday of the month, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Council Conference Room, City Hall (unless otherwise noticed)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Ethics Board promotes an understanding of ethical principles and standards for all those involved with the City, and the general public. View the following list of responsibilities.
- Training elected officials and members of City Committees and Commissions covered by the Ethics Program
- Working with city administration so that major contractors and employees are familiar with the Ethics Program and other applicable city documents regarding ethical behavior
- Providing responses to complaints and requests for waivers and advisory opinions regarding the Ethics Program
Current Ethics Program
Archive of Related Legislative Action
- Resolution No. 2012-11
- Resolution No. 2011-13
- Resolution No. 2011-07
- Resolution No. 2006-25
- Ordinance No. 2005-31
Terms of Service
- Members may be re-appointed to additional terms. No member shall serve more than three consecutive terms on any one advisory group unless the City Council determines that special expertise is required or there are no other qualified applicants;
- Shall be appointed by the Mayor subject to confirmation by the City Council;
- Shall conduct all meetings in compliance with the Open Public Meeting Act, Chapter 42 RCW;
- Shall not be an employee of the city;
- Shall select from among its members a chairperson for a one-year term at the first regular meeting of the year. The chair may be re-elected for a second one-year term;
- Shall serve without compensation;
- Shall submit a conflict of interest form;
- The status of any member who has three consecutive unexcused absences shall be reviewed by the Board and their position may be declared vacant by a 2/3 vote of the Board;
- Vacancies created mid-term shall be filled by a person appointed by the Mayor subject to confirmation by the City Council in accordance with the city's appointment cycle.