In association with the Public Water Access Committee, the Harbormaster organizes, coordinates and directs activities related to the use, operation, security, maintenance and improvement of Bainbridge Island harbors. This includes facilitating marine and general services for commercial and recreational boaters and the public, working closely with volunteer harbor stewards to orchestrate harbor activity, collecting fees for water-related uses, providing status reports for consideration and action, and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws regulating harbor activity. The harbormaster also works with the U.S Coast Guard and the Department of Natural Resources regarding vessels that are lost, found, adrift, sinking, derelict and abandoned, works with the executive and finance departments of the city to manage transient and long term use of harbor buoys, city docks, and linear moorage systems, and maintains records of visiting and residential boaters.
Harbormaster Bulletin Board
Notification of Intent to Obtain Custody.
- WN1167MB (PDF) - AUCTION. Jeanne Marie located in Eagle Harbor - Custody date March 5, 2018
- FV "ADRIATIC" (PDF) sunk near Manzanita Bay - Custody date March 5, 2018
- UNKNOWN (PDF) Sailboat anchored in Port Madison Bay - Custody date February 20, 2018
- WN6510JR (PDF) "Mielke Way" beached at South beach Road - Custody date March 15, 2018
Welcome to Bainbridge Island.
- Get your boater safety card (PDF).
- View Cruising Notes for Mariners Visiting Bainbridge Island (PDF).We offer four harbors for gunk holing, numerous public road ends for approaching by dinghy, and ample transient moorage at the City dock, linear moorage system, day use buoys and Open Water Marina in Eagle Harbor.
- We welcome you to the city dock and open water marina. Transient moorage is available on a first come, first served basis at both the city dock and the buoys offshore. Overnight guest have access to hot showers in the restroom facility. For the current door code, contact Tami Allen via email or by phone at her desk, 206-780-3733, or cell, 206-786-7627.
- View the current moorage and parking rates (PDF)
- View the No Anchor Zone (PDF)
- For the $100 non-refundable dock reservation (special use), download the Eagle Harbor Dock Use Permit (PDF)
- Resident Boaters! Volunteer for our Island's Emergency Flotilla.
- Our island hosts the State's only full time, 100% live aboard, offshore Open Water Marina (PDF).
- If you were born after January 1,1955, operating a vessel of 15 horsepower or greater, you'll need a boater education card. To register, call Parks 206-842-2306.
- For Harbor Notices, be sure to select "Notify Me" from the City's home page and let me know. View past activities: Harbormaster Reports